Milk protests ...

Lloyd90

Circumstance, persistency and an unwavering belief? The telling thing is that he is leading in the polls and appears to have the largest amount of support from the grass roots.

He may have been a lone wolf in New Labour, but obviously he speaks on behalf of a much bigger number nationally. They are all wrong and completely mental of course :)

I'm not sure that he will win and if he does then so many in the party will likely make his position untenable, but for good or bad he has instigated a wholesale review of what the Labour party actually stands for to so many people and I have genuine admiration for him because of that.

It's interesting that Burnham and Cooper have also split left and right too, the unashamed politicking of both should give people enough reason to dismiss their ambition as nothing other than a self motivated, ego fuelled power play, but it won't as too many don't fight for what they believe in, they just leave it to someone else and then bitch and crow about it afterwards.[/quote

I doubt Corbyns play for control of the Labour Party is down to anything more than opportunism pure and simple! there being no leader nor leadership currently within the Labour Party to freeze him out!........or stop him?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually owned by 13500 farmers of which 3000 are British.And they are not just producing milk.they are into all the top end high price products.Not all family dairy farms have the option of this.And you to could have a range rover just keep making the payments as most of those do.What you see on the surface is not what lies beneath.

Yep, half the people in this country are driving around in cars they don't actually "own"

I doubt Corbyns play for control of the Labour Party is down to anything more than opportunism pure and simple! there being no leader nor leadership currently within the Labour Party to freeze him out!........or stop him?

I daresay you're right, but if he has the courage of his convictions then more power to his elbow.

Even though i think he is a bit bonkers.

Edited by grrclark

And for those of you wondering why British farmers don't modernise and become competitive, remember Nocton Dairies whose plans for a mega farm with 7000 cattle were blocked by the environment agency on dubious grounds and attacked by the animal rights lobby who spread false and malicious rumours about poor welfare standards. The supermarkets bowed to consumer pressure and said they would never buy from such a farm. Except they do now, but from farms in other parts of the world, equally subsidised by your euro taxes, where the Daily Mail hadn't noticed what's going on. Hypocrites.

When the last British dairy farmer goes out of business (along with all their suppliers) let's see how long it takes for milk prices on our little green island to double. And cheese. And cream. And butter. And..and...and...

+1

I'd prefer to pay a little more now and help the UK dairy produce quality fresh milk rather than import milk that will sure double the price once they know they have the market.

oh and blaming Maggie wont fix it.