xtrail problem

pigeonbasher1

I had this problem with my 54 plate 2.2 dci off and on for 12 months. Did it once or twice in six months, then gradually got worse until I was getting it every time I drove it. It always cleared the fault by turning engine off and on again.

As others have said, the fault can be pinpointed with a diagnostic test. In my case it turned out to be a faulty fuel pump. Unfortunately, quite an expensive job to get fixed. 'Common problem' apparently! :unhappy:

thanks for the replys, BUTwhere is the maf sensor please?

It will be mounted on a thick black pipe coming off the air filter box. Sorry I can't be more specific but I don't know your car model well

There should be an electric connector going onto the Sensor. Unplug and see if the car starts. If it does then take it for a drive.

If it does drive and your Robles seems gone, then it's fine to drive the car like that until you can order a sensor. It probably won't be as fuel efficient since it will work in default mode rather than working at its optimum.

Edited by Cosd

update, onroute to Skegness today (80 miles) the malfunction light came on and the car went into limp mode, switched engine off for a couple of minuts started again and back to normal, this happened 3 times during the journey, on arriving @ me caravan and an hour later I unplugged the maf sensor and went a drive round, the malfunction light stayed on, but the car drove as normal, thoughts please gents, atb ray

• 2 weeks later...

update, called out the rac, duly came and plugged is fault reader in, came up with code po100 (maf sensor) and po120 (throttle position sensor) shown me the results told it needed a garage/ auto electricion, so booked it in to a local auto elctricion who narrowed it down to the throttle position sensor, priced at £430+vat ouch, so if you have the same problem do as I did and blow the sensor I used one of those airosols then dowsed it in wd40 sorted,thanks for the replies atb ray