land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes the chassis is well shot, plates upon plates, rear is ok, outriggers are knacked too.

there is only one way to go and that's a full galvi chassis, its certainly not going to be cheap as i want it to be mint, so lots and lots of new parts,

i really looking forward to getting stuck in, but as i work full time its not going to be a quick process, so i shouldn't get to fed up with it.

thanks.

lee

Out of interest, why did you get a series 3?

I've been thinking of Series 2 again recently, but worthwhile ones keep going for 600-700 more than I've got in my car fund. Wish I'd bought one 5 years ago when I first took up shooting.

Any advice or tips from anyone on locating a Series 2 would be appreciated.

Darren

what about........getting the chassis off ........checking if it is recoverable do the welding new outriggers......sandblasting in and out and galvinising at 40p a kilo...

In fairness once you pass the rear cross member change the rest is just a make do for a while. Not the sort of thing you want under a full project with lots of work and costs sitting on it

iv taken loads more pictures on my camera, pictures of every part of it, to show what it was like through the stages, and then obviously when its all getting re built, just found out a mate of mine who runs his own casting business had his own shot blaster and said i could use it free of charge any time,few quid saved there,