land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

i threw a lot of thoughts back and forth regarding painting it or not.i think they look ok galv when rebuilding them nice and shiny but as a finished project i prefer not to see the galv, and i heard a few reports of them going missing when the galv chassis is on show, so i opted to paint it as they also look good black,and im prety sure it wouldnt of come out of the factory in 1982 with a galv chassis, :good:

im easily led, ditchman made me do it really :lol::lol:

Ditchie is a landrover tart, he cleans them to perfection, does some superb engineering, finishes them off properly like the sump pitting ................... he just makes me feel generally inadequate

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh my god.............you have a new pump..........you swine .. :lol:

word of advice....when you are putting the soft trim back in...and sticking sound proof pads in...DONT BE TEMPTED TO USE CHEAP SPRAY ON CARPET GLUE.......use the expensive stuff.........i speak from bitter experience...!

Hope your not neglecting that young lady while you strip your pride and joy down

no mate, always got time for her, most of the time shes happy I'm not under her feet, although I do get in trouble now and again as my mate some times helps out on a sunday when I should be out doing things with her. :yes:

no mate, always got time for her, most of the time shes happy I'm not under her feet, although I do get in trouble now and again as my mate some times helps out on a sunday when I should be out doing things with her. :yes:

Good to here it carry on then

Got to say if carlsberg did restorations then this would be it ! Got my vote for topic off the year

Good to here it carry on then

Got to say if carlsberg did restorations then this would be it ! Got my vote for topic off the year

thanks, going very slow at the moment, need my mate to weld bulkhead but hes to busy at the moment, so I'm just sanding still, and messing about with bits and bats.

Cracking job :good:

Cheers malk.

you are getting better all the time.............the trouble starts !!!.....when you start to do work like that you really start getting nit - picky about everything.....when that landrover is done it is going to be a joy to behold... :good:

I can see me being quite picky with it. There's a couple of runs on the chassis but they won't be seen. And it is only the chassis

Why when I'm on my iPad can't I use the emojis or whatever you call them.

And when I use the ones on my iPads keypad sometimes they don't appear.????

Iv been laying in bed every night for the last 5 months thinking about what wants doing. In what order. Who to get to do stuff and what parts I need and where to get them from. Only rest I get from it is when I come home drunk and just pass out. Witch isn't often.

Still need to put axels back together at the weekend and then start with putting them all on. As you say. That's when it starts to look more like a vehicle. Can't wait

And it was all going well remembering how it all went back together and finding all the nuts and bolts. Until I tried to put the drum on the other side.

Then we got there in the end

Who's going to be first to spot the other mistake? That's not actually a mistake?

post-9513-0-93585400-1450715077_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-75852900-1450715091_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-71446400-1450715138_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-11583900-1450715183_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-48918300-1450715198_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-82113400-1450715250_thumb.jpg

If that's the price on the wall when it's done I'll have it

Times that by 6 or 7 mate and we can have a chat.

Just been down your end of the world to pick some wheels and tyres up so it can come off the jack stands when axels and springs are on, £20 from ponti.

The workshop manual to remind you ??? Never forgotten

I didn't need the manual mate. But the axle slipped off the blocks of wood when I was tightening some nuts and bolts and it just happened to flip the book open on the put axles back together page😂😂 Edited by viking

Times that by 6 or 7 mate and we can have a chat.

Just been down your end of the world to pick some wheels and tyres up so it can come off the jack stands when axels and springs are on, £20 from ponti.

I didn't need the manual mate. But the axle slipped off the blocks of wood when I was tightening some nuts and bolts and it just happened to flip the book open on the put axles back together page

Hmmm :hmm: :hmm: :hmm::lol: :lol: :lol: