land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lee - bit of a co-incidence seeing your step cone hole cutter. I have had one for about 35 years - never used it until yesterday. I wanted a spacer for a KTM SXF450 - for the rear wheel, with a Haan hub - 25mm inside diameter and 3.3mm thick. A mate had the correct thickness washer and I opened up the hole with the cutter.

Hope your not expecting guests with the spare room full of car parts?

Once wanted to turn one of our spare rooms into a 'garage' for my old Race bike- 'she' didn't really approve of the idea......

some times you just have to put the pants on :lol::lol:

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START IT FER CHRISTS SAKE ?????

its been started, did you miss it??

Lee - bit of a co-incidence seeing your step cone hole cutter. I have had one for about 35 years - never used it until yesterday. I wanted a spacer for a KTM SXF450 - for the rear wheel, with a Haan hub - 25mm inside diameter and 3.3mm thick. A mate had the correct thickness washer and I opened up the hole with the cutter.

great bit of kit :good::good:

here it is dd, rubbish recording, thought you must of seen it reading your coments, or had you been on the whiskey that day :lol::lol:

where is the ....VROOM VROOM ....bit.............

it was to smokey, will put exhaust on tomorrow and do it again, with some extra......VROOM........VROOM....just for you ditchie :good::good::good::good:

shouldnt be smokey at all.................you have the pump timing wrong......retard it a bit....3-4mm..........

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START IT FER CHRISTS SAKE ?????

Ah it was me asking you! What headlamp bowls are you using? Plastic or metal? I bought some Lucas ones on ebay and they are utter garbage made in India ****! They just don't go together properly.

Best to paint around the hole as even the alloy will corrode and cause the paint to lift, especially so if you use steel fixings.

Ah it was me asking you! What headlamp bowls are you using? Plastic or metal? I bought some Lucas ones on ebay and they are utter garbage made in India ****! They just don't go together properly.

Best to paint around the hole as even the alloy will corrode and cause the paint to lift, especially so if you use steel fixings.

think i got the new lights and bowls from paddocks, i just undid a screw to release the bezel put the light in, screw back in and it also slotted round 2 other screw heads, then it was 5-6 screws with captive things behind, went on fine, and there plastic bowls :good::good:

Edited by viking

well due to my mates dad passing away this morning im now left to my own devises for a while, so i thought id give putting the exhaust on, how hard can that be, turns out, hard enough,

i bought a fixing kit no knowing the exhaust would come with one, put a bit of one of the brackets together but didnt really know what i was doing, didnt know what nuts and bolts went where,,then it was time to go shooting so gave in,

post-9513-0-55835700-1472311246_thumb.jpg

Edited by viking

surely this has to be the largest thread ever on pigeon watch doesn't it? 119 pages so far and a few more to go id say, easily the best thing iv seen on here, followed it all the way and im fascinated that some guy with no knowledge of land rovers or the mechanics of them has taken on such a massive challenge and done so far such an outstanding job, i truly take my hat off to you viking. it looks fantastic so far and no stone has been left un turned, my favorite bit so far is the engine, to see what it looked like when you started to it looking immaculate now is incredible.this is going to be worth some serious money when its done, keep up the good work my friend :yes: