land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know its a bit different but

a young lad I have watched grow up and go threw his painting and panel beating apprenticeship has set himself up as a body repair shop has just done some paintwork on my mates nissan350z after it was keyed all the way down one side front to rear down to metal he also repaired a few car park dings .

so he repaired the key damage painted that whole side then spot repaired a few little dents and painted them then flatted and machine polished the whole car the bill for that and all paint and materials came to £320 for cash

I know its a bit different but

a young lad I have watched grow up and go threw his painting and panel beating apprenticeship has set himself up as a body repair shop has just done some paintwork on my mates nissan350z after it was keyed all the way down one side front to rear down to metal he also repaired a few car park dings .

so he repaired the key damage painted that whole side then spot repaired a few little dents and painted them then flatted and machine polished the whole car the bill for that and all paint and materials came to £320 for cash

should of gone to him then :lol:

cant be bothered... :good:

to start of my paint fund, or send me your details :hmm::hmm: if its the latter, thats very naught of you

i have a reputation of being naughty.....

several people on this forum have done me good turns...in particular someone gave me a very expensive scope.............what comes around goes around...when someone else needs something and it pleases you to help that person....then pass it on...thats all

caviat.....

i also have continued liecence to verberlly abuse you and take the extraction. :lol::lol:

just pass it on ...no big sweat :good:

well what a horrendously jolly nice kind person you are :good::good:

however,what you have done for me for free is above and beyond, i cant let you be out of pocket for doing me a favor, you have to let me pay the return postage and for the parts you forked out for, otherwise i shall have to come and spank you :lol::lol::lol::lol: and you did say your door was always open :whistling::whistling:

i think someone mentioned a while ago about having the lower half of there land rover sprayed, think it might of been fuji shooter, will have to see what he paid, if it was him and he doesnt mind sharing :good::good:

My Series 3 I paid £2k for the lower half, completely back to bare metal. For the 90 I paid £3K again back to bare metal and all panels removed. For the work I thought the price was good.

I think you should be happy with the quality of the paint on Bonny if you can get it for under 3K, it looks a brilliant job he has done.

DSCF1529_zpsl9krefgz.jpg

Edited by Fuji Shooter

settled on £2500, and i guess with everything in mind, im quite happy with that, there was a lot of paint to come off, and bits and bats off filling and the odd bit to straighten, and with what FS has paid i dont think its to bad, and i did always think id be happy at £2500 :good::good::good:

Wow, just finished going thru all 154 pages. Awesome job Viking :-)

/S

hell, that must of taken some time :lol:

cheers mate :good::good:

ditchmans engine re build is well worth a read, not as good as my thread though, but dont tell him i said so :whistling::whistling:

Edited by viking

all paid up now, got it down to £2400 as i text him this morning asking who i should make the cheque out to :lol::lol: he said cant you do cash, so i then asked what the cash price was, dont think he realised i was joking and said £2400 :good::good::good:

I think you've done very well to be fair, the work looks tip top.