land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

and whilst the seat backs were off i thought id best get the seat belt in, for some strange reason there is a kink/twist in it, so its either where it is,or if i turn it round then there will be a twist when you pull it across to plug in, and thats more annoying, so it is how it is :rolleyes::rolleyes:

post-9513-0-64600000-1485799313_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-59223100-1485799327_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-91656000-1485799338_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

smear silicon grease or fairy liquid on the rubber and feed the bead in using the back of a teaspoon............................

grease, fairy liquid, rubber, you just cant help yourself can you :lol::lol::lol:

And then paint it Brown

russet brown if you dont mind :whistling::whistling:

looks like i could be a regular poster down from now on, i really do hope not :good::good::good::good::good::good:

if so i would like to hope he gets to see this finished, and if he is about undetected i would like to just say a massive thanks to him for all his help,kind words and comments :thanks:

Is the rubber seal seated correctly, it seems to go in about 1/3 way up

Stolen from LR Forum:-

Try measuring from the rear door pillar (bit with the striker on) to the edge of the hinge pillar top and bottom and compare drivers side with the passenger sides measurements. This should determine a bulk head twist (quite an achievement if you have)

Edited by ph5172

told you about this before....................this is normal for old landrovers.......take the top of the door off level it off and do the same for the underneaqth of the window frame

then attatch then together without the strip seal and pull the top (if needed) into the door frame until it is bent back into position....then undo and fit joining seal ...bolt up ..jobs done.....ive already told you this once,,and if i have to do it again i will have to spank you...

Is the rubber seal seated correctly, it seems to go in about 1/3 way up

Stolen from LR Forum:-

Try measuring from the rear door pillar (bit with the striker on) to the edge of the hinge pillar top and bottom and compare drivers side with the passenger sides measurements. This should determine a bulk head twist (quite an achievement if you have)[/size]

Well spotted. That does look a bit odd. But I'm sure it's fitted correctly. I did it myself😂😂 Edited by viking

told you about this before....................this is normal for old landrovers.......take the top of the door off level it off and do the same for the underneaqth of the window frame

then attatch then together without the strip seal and pull the top (if needed) into the door frame until it is bent back into position....then undo and fit joining seal ...bolt up ..jobs done.....ive already told you this once,,and if i have to do it again i will have to spank you...

Wondered if it was something I'd mentioned before.

It does ring a bell now you mention it. I'll have to remember not to mention it again. Wouldn't want spanking.