land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

even started to clean this up,

so so so many things to do, and i always seem to be starting something different instead of seeing a job to the end, but i guess its all still getting done.

might get a bit more done now seen as SWMBO has gone to Nepal for 3 week.

post-9513-0-37991900-1444256472_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-09672300-1444256480_thumb.jpg

once you have welded up the bottom of the door frame coat the skin and the steel with a good thick layer of rust stabilizer paint...............if you dont there will be a chemical reaction between the aluminuim and the steel........also when you close the tabs of the door skin onto the steel frame...just tap it lightly with a hammer on a clean soft surface...dont be tempted to use pliers as it will leave deep marks on the good side.............also drill holes on the bottom side of the steel frame to allow water to escape...then before you fit it back, coat it with hot wax oil making sure you dont block the drain holes....

if you are going to start mig welding ...get some clamps to hold everything flat and rigid whilst you weld....if you have already got them tell me to get lost ... :lol:

Edited by ditchman

nicely done.........................any bits left ova ?... :lol: if you have then send them to me and between us we should be able to make another landrover...........

i did at first attempt at putting them back together. im sure ill have half a land rover left over by the time im done :yes:

What paint did you use on them? Looking good.

its called plasti coat i think, when its applied to a nice smooth surface its a bit like powder coating, £8 a can though,thought id give it ago on some not easily or often seen parts.

yes its quite good :good:

its called plasti coat i think, when its applied to a nice smooth surface its a bit like powder coating, £8 a can though,thought id give it ago on some not easily or often seen parts.

yes its quite good :good:

Cheers, think I might give it a try after seeing how good it looks on yours.