Wasps, HELP!!

Traztaz

Guys I come on bended knee!! Both my son and myself have an allergic reaction to wasp stings, we are over run with the blighters at the moment. Son was stung day before yesterday( ended up in hospital), yesterday while having my neighbors round for a BBQ one was stung in the mouth.

I located one nest of wasps, in the earth, dealt with that, I have about 10 coke bottle wasp traps up, have caught hundreds, but still they come. I suspect there is another nest, and think it is in a massive bramble bush at the back of the house..................no way to get in there.

What to do?

Molotov cocktail has always worked for me in the garden.

Can't stand the little ********.

Only been stung twice, both in exactly the same spot, between index and ring finger on the soft skin. Once when I was 4 and 20. Horrible little stinging ****ers!

Ant powder does em-sprinkle a couple of bottles over the brambles at night. I'm surprised that no-one has developed a Co2 powered pistol to kill flying pests-bit of a laugh and jolly good indoor sport-10-15 grains of rice fired at a reasonable velocity should do the trick.

Edited by bruno22rf

surprised that no-one has developed a Co2 powered pistol to kill flying pests-bit of a laugh and jolly good indoor sport-10-15 grains of rice fired at.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a 'fly gun'. I think it was on a programme called rude tube a while ago. It fires a blast of air so kills the flies without leaving a mess. unfortunately I think there hard to get hold of though. It would be great fun for around the house in the summer months.

You could even set a hide up and some decoys.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a 'fly gun'. I think it was on a programme called rude tube a while ago. It fires a blast of air so kills the flies without leaving a mess. unfortunately I think there hard to get hold of though. It would be great fun for around the house in the summer months.

You could even set a hide up and some decoys.

It used to fire salt, and you can still buy them, on Ebay.

http://bugasalt.com/

Whatever method you choose (and I personally favour the ant powder or the diesel), do not squash them, bash or shoot them. When squished they give off a pheromone which brings the entire colony out in attack mode. There is another material, just spread it around near the nest, only takes a few dollops, the blighters pick it up and go back to the nest and a few hours later the colony is dead. No mess, no fuss and no one is the wiser.

Unfortunately I don't remember what its called. maybe one of the pest control members knows. It may be something I've seen on a USA pest control programme ??? Have a goggle.

They make cracking river fish bait! If you can locate, poison, and dig the ******* up that is!

On land based nests, that are easily accessed, we used to use Cymag, (a derivative of cyanide). A little powder in the hole, pour a little water in the hole as well. Place a brick over the hole, and Hydrogen cyanide sorted them out in minutes. :yes: Nowadays, a squirt of pesticide bought from BQ will do the job "safely" in 24 hours. Dig it up and fill that keep net up with Chubb! :good:

Although banned in matches.....

We used to buy nests from the local pest controller for £10...

Apologies....It may not help much, but it certainly brought back my childhood! :lol:

If the wasps are going into one area of the bush then you've got a nest, if they are flying and landing all over it then the chances are they're feeding on insects or some sort of sap. Are the wasps walking on the ground too? If they are feeding then you're not gonna get much joy but can eleviate the problem by spraying a strong solution of washing up liquid and water on the plants. Obviously thats only any good on a small area and if you have some sort of applicator. As for wasps only stinging in defence, most but certainly not all.