national pigeon pest control

mescalero

Guest flightline

No probs getting booked-once you`ve booked in that field is yours alone. You can normally also shoot all corvids and rabbits, but has to be from a hide. The land does not get over shot as there is so much of it. Why don`t you talk to John Shooter-I`ve always found him very straight to deal with.

:lol: hi their I must first admit that i am a member of the other shooting club <_< but i have met mr shooter on aday out shooting in yorkshire,and we had a real good chat seems a real nice guy.i have been with the club for 2 years and find it good money no problems with land or acess to feilds .only problem is when you go on new feilds ,as i live in Lancashire 2 hour drive so no time to recy feild night before ???

cheers lads i will give him a bell,it looks like the type of thing im looking for,ive got the chance of 1500 acres of rough shooting up in the otterburn area ,syndicate of about 10 with several duck ponds ,only trouble is it is not stocked and for the near future no birds can be put down relying on present stock and birds from other shoots,plenty of rabbits but no ferreting or lamping ,if anyone knows the area hard going on rabbits without ferret,cheap enough .............but you cant beat a day on the pigeons

Guest flightline

When passing through on the A 68 I`ve never seen a pigeon in Otterburn or a pheasant come to that but you should be OK for ducks as you have the River Rede. Good luck anyway.

a few Qs

1... how much dose it cost for the year

2... when can u shoot......how many times.a week

3... how do u no which feild to shoot.....are thay easy to find

4... can u take your dog

plus i live in BARNSLEY south yorkshire......so how many mile will i have to travel to go shooting.....or is it all of the UK?:)? :D

Guest flightline

pluckers son,

Think the current cost is c£90 with a joining fee extra. You can shoot all day every day if you want. In fact, if you`re available at short notice you`ll possibly get put on fields wherec the farmer has called in seeking immediate help. I have a degree in Geograhy and even I can find the fields. You get a six digit map ref which you can use on Multimap, there are also some written detials such as beware of the bull in the lower field! I don`t have a dog but other members use them unless it`s restricted by the landowner. For more info best contact John Shooter.

Not sure exactly what Mascalero means when he says "over-shot" I don't think you can over shoot any where, the birds are either coming in or their not,

if you join NPPC you can ask which fields have recently been visited and what the results were.

My own experience has taught me to always look on the bright side and treat each day as different, for sure there is no logic to the day to day movement of pigeons, and now we know (see todays red top tabliods) they only follow roads, so thats why I always do well near the motorway and often only get (ex)racers, I thought it was my fieldcraft.

If you only have a certain day available each week or month then the main ingrediant for a good day out for you is a four letter word begining with L.

Seriously -

I can't believe it got up and flew off.
the guy at NPPC is very helpful.