Guns on pegs

Davyo

Must be plenty of shooting out there lol, decoying ect as im struggling for guns.Thought permissions where hard to come by?Had loads of PM'S from this site alone when i 1st advertised it about 6/7 wks ago,but lines of communication have gone dead.2 replies out of about 14 initial PM's. So need to advertise elsewhere, GOP seems like the best option.

Edited by Davyo

I'm interested in joining you, but Northallerton is borderline on the distance that I could justify travelling to help out. I'm tempted to get in touch about meeting on the 23rd though.

Feel free to come along,nobody has to commit to anything & it would be nice to meet up.

Dave

As am I, PM sent last night.

PM sent mate

I disagree We only advertised in the free adds and got more replies on G.O.P. THAN ANY OTHER site INCLUDING THIS ONE our shoot is a small D.I.Y.

This is my experience as well, the guns that joined from Guns on Pegs are still syndicate members

Guns on pegs gets my vote over the rest of the shoot "sales" websites.

I've bought a few days of them this year. You have to look at all the options to decide what is best for your budget, but on the whole they offer a good selection and they give you the option to pay through their "Shoot Pay" service (it's a bit like paypal for shooting) and you have the choice of spreading the cost between the day you book to the day you shoot, they charge for that option but I've not used that service so don't know what the charge is. You can of course pay in full with "Shoot Pay" and miss out the charges.

I haven't sold on guns on pegs, so can't comment on that sorry.

Used it in the past and worked well BUT see it has changed a bit this year and free adds only last 1 week and limited with words/length of add. Had an add on for 3 weeks and no interest,

Wot other options are there?? Does the Basc still have its 'go shooting' site? last time i ws on it wasnae that good but it was the 1st of its kind but think GOP's took over the mantle

I tried here a couple of years ago but also had very little interest (small diy shoot but shooting 20ish head for £35 is not dear shooting) never even bothered to put an add up on here this time.

Think i'm just going to stick an add up in local gun shop and see if that works any better?

I think the trick is with advertising shooting - any shooting - is to get the advert right first time.

For example :

Game shooting syndicate place available. Northwest England, pheasant and duck. Must be available for work parties out of season too. Price £xxx

Or :

Game syndicate place available in South Lancs on 800 acres. We shoot pheasant and duck on a walk one stand one basis. Ten shooting days - all on Saturdays. We also run 5 or 6 work party days, also on Saturdays, which guns are expected to attend. Last season we put down 1000 poults, for a total return of 410. 100 ducklings went in, for 53 shot. Pest control also available (rabbits, corvids, pigeons) though this is shotgun and air rifle only. Fibre wads essential, this also applies to duck, so bismuth or equivalent for those. Price £xxx

Now, I've seen adverts like both of those on here. Which is going to get the biggest interest, do you think ?

I think the trick is with advertising shooting - any shooting - is to get the advert right first time.

For example :

Game shooting syndicate place available. Northwest England, pheasant and duck. Must be available for work parties out of season too. Price £xxx

Or :

Game syndicate place available in South Lancs on 800 acres. We shoot pheasant and duck on a walk one stand one basis. Ten shooting days - all on Saturdays. We also run 5 or 6 work party days, also on Saturdays, which guns are expected to attend. Last season we put down 1000 poults, for a total return of 410. 100 ducklings went in, for 53 shot. Pest control also available (rabbits, corvids, pigeons) though this is shotgun and air rifle only. Fibre wads essential, this also applies to duck, so bismuth or equivalent for those. Price £xxx

Now, I've seen adverts like both of those on here. Which is going to get the biggest interest, do you think ?

Well I think the second one is far better, much more descriptive of exactly what is on offer, what is required and at what money.

A