Cartridges

For years I used nothing but: Gamebore Clear pigeon 30g fibre 6's when they were in the "clear" case!

But when they changed the case colour up I suspect the internals changed also and I didn't find the new ones so good.

So now I have a slab of LE pigeon power 29g fibre 6's for general walk around shooting and pigeons. Then I am trying this season for my pheasants LE Supreame Game 30gram 6's. Although I also wish I had some LE Supreame Game in fibre 5's. Am not going to buy any more though as the slab I have will last me 2 seasons on our little DIY shoot!

The only other cartridges I would use would be an offering from Hull, unless in 20bore in which case I would want Gamebore Pure Gold !

ATB

Matt

Just Cartridges Extreme Game 32g Nr 6 shot using Diamond Shot for better patterns. Brilliant cartridges. 1425fps and pattern well, low recoil (use the Gordon Recoil Reduction system) and I prefer them in my Silver pigeon to the Lyalvale Express and Gamebore Clear pigeon carts I was using

Edited by Savhmr

For years I used nothing but: Gamebore Clear pigeon 30g fibre 6's when they were in the "clear" case!

But when they changed the case colour up I suspect the internals changed also and I didn't find the new ones so good.

So now I have a slab of LE pigeon power 29g fibre 6's for general walk around shooting and pigeons. Then I am trying this season for my pheasants LE Supreame Game 30gram 6's. Although I also wish I had some LE Supreame Game in fibre 5's. Am not going to buy any more though as the slab I have will last me 2 seasons on our little DIY shoot!

The only other cartridges I would use would be an offering from Hull, unless in 20bore in which case I would want Gamebore Pure Gold !

ATB

Matt

Funny that you should say that about the Clear Pigeon, it was around the same time that I would only use 30 gram Pure Gold. THEN they altered the packaging and I suspect, the contents too. The supplier would not have that they had altered, but I knew by the way they were performing in my Westley. I switched to 3 Crowns and 32 gram High Pheasant and now the Imperial Game. All superb cartridges. As I use less than 500 a season nowadays, I do not mind the price.

Le pigeon power for......pigeons and Hull high pheasant 30g 6 for game. Both seem to kill stuff, I found much the same with the new clear pigeon, just couldn't get on with them. Also liked hull superfast pigeon, rcs4 and the proper cartridges, but only found them for sale once!

Edited by kennett

• 1 month later...

20 Gauge = pigeons. Eley High Flyers 6 shot 28g. Cheapish and OK kill well.

Pheasants and partridge. = Eley VIP 5 & 6 shot 28g expensive OK kill better at distance.

12 Gauge = pigeons. RC Romagnola 32g 6 shot. OK kill well. Pheasants and Partridge = RC SIPE 32g 5 & 6 shot (Great) or Hull High Pheasant Extreme. expensive not as good as the SIPE but i like them so if i can't find RC.

As Above used to use Gamebore Clear pigeon for both years ago, for years and years in 12 bore. Don't like since changed.

Ducks = Eley Evo 3 Bismuth 32g 4 shot ( Rubbish) or Gamebore IMT ****--g expensive (Rubbish to )