making a hide on wheat subble

smudgey

im going to my perm tomorrow afternoon which has not long been cut. on a recey the best place to be is in the middle of the field between two flight lines. the only trouble is that i havnt got any light coloured nets for the hide, so the question is is it a good idea to try it or try to find a hedgerow that might not be so productive. any ideas or tips would be apreciated.

thanks for the tips again, had a real good few hours this afternoon. built my hide in the field and covered it with branches, the majority of the pigeons didnt take no notice not even half a dozen rooks. finished with 28 pigeon and 4 rooks, had some brilliant shots and some of those shots u just couldnt believe u mist ahhh. :good: got 50p a pigeon so good day allround.

If you can, ask the farmer to set you some bales in the field

At the moment there doesn't seem to be a vast choice of crop coloured nets or pop up hides (I've just messaged Oscar@A1 to see if they do any),and the only other option is desert storm camo netting from an army surplus store, as that's sand coloured.

Either that, or set your hide up and bang as much straw as you can into the netting

Guest Wilksy

I tried it yesterday in the middle of some rape stubble, and shot two fairly quickly, put one a flapper and one on a rotary and they started to flare away so I turned them off,then I brought them in, still they flared! So I moved to the hedgerow and they started to decoy well,finished with 20, not loads but there wasn't many about, oh and that was with some yellow/brown two ply netting off eBay 4m x 1.5m £26 I think!