Beretta s686 special 12G

meady638

Hi. I recently purchased a Beretta s686 special 12G from a local farmer for £700. My quistion is did i pay to much? Its in great condition and shoots great. I cant find much detail about the gun. Dont know what the difference is between the s symbol and the special? Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks

IMHO one of the best Berettas ever.

Don't quote me, but I think the S686Spec was an upgraded spec, a bit like a limited edition model, produced for a few years in the early Eighties.

Built when Beretta made 'em properly, lovely balance and handling, reliable and sought after. I've a twenty bore and absolutely love it.

If in halfway decent nick, you paid a fair price, they can go for more, look on Guntrader.

Nice gun.

You may even find if you take the stock off (one screw under the butt plate/recoil pad) that it has gold washed internal bits.

I really like mine, it knocks spots off the modern Silver Pigeon things which although good, are not nearly the same quality.

Well done, enjoy your new bargain.

Hi. I recently purchased a Beretta s686 special 12G from a local farmer for £700. My quistion is did i pay to much? Its in great condition and shoots great. I cant find much detail about the gun. Dont know what the difference is between the s symbol and the special? Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks

£700 will be fantastic buy, especially if it's In good condition