AA s410 TDR thoughts ?

Dandaman_24

Evening all,

I'm pretty new to air rifles, so take it easy.

I'm looking to get myself an airgun and have set my "sights" on an AA s410 TDR. Reviews on t'internet appear good, but then again their probably biased sponsored videos. Haaving only seen it online, i like it as its a take down air rifle, it looks nice and review looks ok.

If / when purchased, i plan to use it on pigeons / crows / rabbits n rats.

So has anyone got any advice on this gun ? overpriced ? is there anything else i should consider ?

Thanks

Dan

Edited by Dandaman_24

I've used a S410 several times at my airgun club and I've had a play around with a S410 in my local Airgun Shop but from my personal observations from my limited time using either Its just a bog standard AirArms S410 (Which is a cracking rifle) but with an uncomfortable "stock" and no cheek riser. Also as it has no stock as such, its a bit front heavy but lighter overall than a Standard S410.

if i was buying one i would have to fashion up some form of detachable cheek piece to make it comfortable to use for me personally

OOvdsHP.png

Edited by Zenduri

I looked into buying one for my younger brother mainly due to it being very compact and very light as he is 10 years old. Think its 5.75lb so pretty light. But then i spotted Brocock Contour Supersix and really liked the look of it! Very small and compact nice cheek-piece very accurate and im pretty sure it was under 4lb which is ridiculous! Amazing for a young shooter! And all that for around the £500 mark New. Brocock also do much newer models so there should be one that you like.

http://www.brocock.co.uk/

a few reviews on the super 6

http://www.gunmart.net/gun_review/brocock_contour

a place to buy the super 6

http://www.sportsguns.co.uk/air-rifles-uk/preeeshy/brocock1/ssix.html

I have used the S410 TDR, the S410 and now use the S510, superb rifles, easy to use, reliable and accurate. Why the TDR? looks cool but personally I would go for the standard carbine and put a nice big scope on it. Just personal preference though, its what I did.

You can use the S410 TDR with the stock off as it self regulates to air pistol power levels but I never bothered,

I prefer carbines, less moving parts so less things to break and short barrels as rats in a small space are rather quick so speed is useful,,,

I've got a TDR top gun in my opinion. I used it mainly for ratting and shooting round the farm, with it being short and light it's a joy to carry and shoot around the buildings. It doesn't have the biggest shot count but I just take my bottle and top up if it gets low. The reason I bought it in the first place was because it fits into a case so it doesn't look like a gun so no one bothers when out walking with it

As has been said in an earlier post any of the AA S410's you wont go wrong. They are tried tested, very reliable easy to service/repair and parts are widely available should you ever need them.

An S410 does everything you could ever want from a sub 12ftlb pcp. I've had my s410 carbine for nearly 8 years now and it's shot 1000's of pellets in that time. Apart from a couple of services and a new indexing spring thats all its ever had.

There are some lovely pcp's out there HW100 various Daystates and the BSA r10 mk2 is a lovely looking rifle. Yes i've been tempted but for what i use an air rifle for these days none of the more expensive offerings will do any more than my s410 carbine and that's i would recommend. Carbine in 177. You won't go wrong. enjoy whatever you choose :good:

ATB,

Pat

Thanks for all your replies.

I'm turning against the TDR now.

Been to my local store and they had BSA r10 mkII brand new for £600. appears to be a good price, better than anywhere i can find online.

Same question, is it a decent gun ?

Dan

the s410 carbine is excellent, the Bsa r10mk2 is superb in .177, sorry I got shut of mine,awsome piece of kit,