pigeon shooting over rape stubble

Charlie_79

Hi Everyone, just thought i would post a quick videoarrow-10x10.png of my shooting over some rape stubble from a few weeksarrow-10x10.png ago,

i decided to take my 14 month old cocker spaniel bramble out with me to see how she got on, she still has a lot to learnarrow-10x10.png but she enjoyed the day more than me by the looks of it.

watch it in 1080p to get the best quality

Edited by Charlie_79

Thanks for the replies guys, as for the dog dog she is defiantly over eager there is no doubt in that but as times goes on she will get better and better, I'm training we her twice a day so it's just a matter of time, there will be more videos later on once the wheat has been cut around my area and I'm sure you will all see a great improvement in her

Charlie, I think you have missed the point of the above posts, steady means your dog must not move or run in unless the command to fetch is given, if you are determined to take the dog with you put it on a tie peg make it sit there all day and every time you fire the gun give the sit stay command. Then at the end of the day give a couple of retrieves. Before you know it your dog will be steady.

Hi e.w thanks for the advice, putting her on a short lead would be a great way to help her learn to only go when I give her the command, when I'm training her with dummies doesn't move an inch when I throw them but I think she gets a bit carried away when she is out shooting, I will try and nip this in the bud before it gets any worse as later down ther line it could be very frustrating

My springer is rock steady to dummies sits and stays in a rabbit pen, will stay when a cage of pigeons is opened in front of her but,

When out in the field she has learnt that a shot means fun and runs in as soon as she hears the safety catch come off

My fault totally taking her shooting before she was steady and ready. Don't make the same mistake follow what others say instead of what you think you know and you should with luck be able to correct the problem in time

With my dog I have been shown my errors by a professional trainer and am now working on the problem

His answer when asked how to correct the problem, simple, don't take her shooting until she is ready

Chairman