A1 Decoy Competition

A1Decoy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, can't understand some people, offered a freebie and all they are is rude. If you don't like them don't enter and surely the place to offer constructive criticism is by private messaging?

David.

No need to get upset. Not sure how I or anyone else was rude. I just offered my opinion on the decoys in question. Good luck to whoever wins it.

Sorry, can't understand some people, offered a freebie and all they are is rude. If you don't like them don't enter and surely the place to offer constructive criticism is by private messaging?

David.

i daresay all of us have used A! decoys .............im sure they can take a bit of ribbing and constructive critic'...........how else can they improve........knowing A1 im sure they will take this all onboard...and usually try to do something about it ..........

I don't quite understand what all the criticism is about ,they are free . I can remember the day when I used to shoot with painted milk bottles for decoys and painted blue sugar bags . These would bring in the birds in and I am sure these coys will .

Harnser

Have to agree. How it looks like to you or me is fairly irrelevant. Bit like some fishing lures that are more realistic than the live fish they are imitating. Designed to catch you more fish than another product, or to make you part with your money?

Let's be honest this product is all about movement. Knowing how well hypa flaps work with not especially realistic body I'm surprised someone can comment adversely on this before using it.

I dare say there will be a mk II though in the future though, but I think it'll mostly benefit human eyes. Maybe the pigeons are a lot less fussy in the South West :lol:

Have to agree with Teal, yesterday I decoyed using old socks wrapped around crude bird shapes. Even crows committed nicely to land, and most of them came close enough to shoot.

The movement I used was from the first shot crow on a flapper.

I can see a huge plus with these new decoys though. Movement will be fantastic with this system of spars in fabric wings, the win may actually be in transporting these if the wing can roll up in the body. If they do roll up inside they will be far more robust in storage and transportation. I look forward to reports on these in the future.

When I use a magnet, I put hyper flappers on and don't change to dead birds.

Thanks for your constuctive criticsm. We are always grateful to hear your honest thoughts. Ditchman and Motty, you still have just as much chance to win as anyone else, just if you win and are not going to use them we would be grateful if you gave them to somebody who would.

Apart from the tail feathers being splayed, how else would you improve the body, or the decoy in general?

Thanks

Oscar

Thanks for your constuctive criticsm. We are always grateful to hear your honest thoughts. Ditchman and Motty, you still have just as much chance to win as anyone else, just if you win and are not going to use them we would be grateful if you gave them to somebody who would.

Apart from the tail feathers being splayed, how else would you improve the body, or the decoy in general?

Thanks

Oscar

Hi there Oscar..........certainly think there is a gap in the market for a really good magnet bird.........as Motty says and i agree with him...the wings look okay,,,,,i would imagine that they have been made specially for the purpose....but the body looks like a salvaged static decoy that has been retro fitted....flock looks good but the markings are not quite right......birds always flare their tails when coming into land...it just dosnt look quite right (at the moment).................

....i take on board what the others say that "if it works ...who gives a toss what it looks like"........i would love to have a couple to put on my magnet and see what happens......

best of luck with

regards

ditch.. :good:

Thanks for that. Will take the comments on board and look to improve. Maybe a tyvec tail feather section like the wings?

We have actually had fantastic reviews on these decoys, and we have great results when we use them.

Kind regards,

Oscar

Oscar, that would not harm at all and may improve it .... if not for pigeons then for buyers.

For me, safe transportation and storage are key as this is a weak point for the other ones. I'd also provide a small rigid tube for safe transportation of the spars and glue the rubber bits on the ends of the spars.

I've a few wrecked hyperflappers .... they work well but are a bit delicate.

Oscar, I have no doubt that these decoys would do the job.

On the ad, the phrase 'most realistic decoy on the market' is a little much. My main problem with the decoy, is that it is just a plain old flocked shell with some good looking wings bolted on. If an original body was made, it would improve the whole thing no end.

Hypaflaps don't necessarily look as realistic as they might (and I have shot some good bags whilst using them), but I don't think they look 'tacky' like these pro flaps.