A1 Decoy Competition

A1Decoy

These are the ones i use at present oscar.....i need something lightweight as i run then on a 8'6" diameter arc...they do work but i could use something that is lightweight and 3d not 2d..................

ditch

they look like cardboard cut outs....rather have ones in competition draw far better...am in as well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they look like cardboard cut outs....rather have ones in competition draw far better...am in as well.

i cut them out of aluminuim 1mm sheet.....i wanted something bomb proof to put up with abuse.....as im always strapped for cash i make most of my stuff......thats why im in the draw ok ?

I have a pair of the pro-flap decoys and hypaflap decoys.

I have found that the pigeons do not notice any difference in how they look.

I have tried them and they work as good as hypaflaps on the rotary.

They are larger than hypaflaps and are more visible at a distance.

In my opinion the colour of the decoys makes no difference to how they work.

Though i still prefer to use dead birds as decoys if available.

i cut them out of aluminuim 1mm sheet.....i wanted something bomb proof to put up with abuse.....as im always strapped for cash i make most of my stuff......thats why im in the draw ok ?

are they used on the magnet or just as floaters? By the way I wasn't trying to be offensive, most people are strapped for cash its the country we live in ....... us over!!!

are they used on the magnet or just as floaters? By the way I wasn't trying to be offensive, most people are strapped for cash its the country we live in ....... us over!!!

they are used on the magnet.....the birds are turned by them and usually do a "flypast" which is all i need...full bodied magnet birds bring the birds in much closer and usually on a landing direction....the cut outs are fine but they are not flocked... and on sunny days even as they are matt painted they look wrong...dull overcast days are best for this..i use the same colour scheme on the shell decoys and they work very well indeed.... :)

The wings of those decoys look quite good, but the body looks rubbish!

It's actually the other way round. I've got a pair of these. In "flight" on the rotary, the action of the wings is abysmal. Imagine trapping a handkerchief in the window of your car whilst doing 60mph and you're about there. Being made of paper, they are easily creased and don't stay nice and flat like in the picture - they curl up and/or tear. The noise is irritating too! Added to that, the thin wire used as a wing spreader is a proper fiddle to set up and pack away, so you either spend ages assembling/dismantling them or leave them built up and then they're a pain in the butt to transport and store because of their size.

Apart from that they're great!

They could definitely be improved by making the wings from a more sturdy material, and also easier to assemble/disassemble. The body is fine IMO although I have made the neck spots more of a round shape with UV paint.

Had both HYPA'S & PRO flaps, don't like them the wings fold up in anything other than a light wind on the magnet.They are ok as a floaters (as always into the wind).Dead birds all the way (d breasted) & they are free and you simply replace them after a few outings.My advise (and i learnt the hard way bu wasting £££) is stop buying stuff that reduplicates the real thing when its out there free or its in your freezer.A dozen dead birds is all you need, i don't own a single decoy anymore and the bag count has increased.

Had both HYPA'S & PRO flaps, don't like them the wings fold up in anything other than a light wind on the magnet.They are ok as a floaters (as always into the wind).Dead birds all the way (d breasted) & they are free and you simply replace them after a few outings.My advise (and i learnt the hard way bu wasting £££) is stop buying stuff that reduplicates the real thing when its out there free or its in your freezer.A dozen dead birds is all you need, i don't own a single decoy anymore and the bag count has increased.

Double the rods in the wings.....no folding when you do that 😏😏😏😏😏

Double the rods in the wings.....no folding when you do that

Done that,sorry didn't mean they fold up ,the wing itself ( the primary & secondary feather section ) when the wind is behind when it rotates the wing flap over themselves sort of want to twist.Paper just seems too flimsy.Out of the 2 I found hypers where better but neither I felt where worth keeping.I could get away with them on floaters but the rotary they where pants. Edited by Davyo

Done that,sorry didn't mean they fold up ,the wing itself ( the primary & secondary feather section ) when the wind is behind when it rotates the wing flap over themselves sort of want to twist.Paper just seems too flimsy.Out of the 2 I found hypers where better but neither I felt where worth keeping.I could get away with them on floaters but the rotary they where pants.

Sorry that's what I use hypa flappers and did find the wings fold until I put the second rod in the wings 👍👍

I apologies for the delay, the competition is now closed and the winner is..

Raymond Blaker

Congratulations! I have sent you an email. Please respond with your address and i will get the prize sent on 1st class on Monday morning.

Thanks for all your entries and feeback on the product.

Kind regards,

Oscar

Right we want a run down on them...............are you going to paint them black for the rooks ?

If they are pigeon ones that come, I will use them for the pigeon, if they are corvid ones I will use them for the corvids.

Soon as I get some decent Decoying weather I will have them out and do a test/report on them :)

Hoping for great things from them

Edited by Redditch