Best scope for £100

team tractor

I'm thinking of up grading my nikko mount master scope to something a little better on my Brno mod2e but I'm setting a £100 limit. It's just a cheap gun for bunny but the nv struggles a little on it so want parallax and 40-50 size lense.

I've looked at nikko game kings and

Nikko nighteater but don't know if it's the same lense as the mountmaster.

I already have a hawke sport hd and a bushnell sportsman on other guns so want a change.

I originally thought I'd only use this gun around stables at 50 yards but have got the lr bug and shoot further

Sadly, that doesn't buy much these days. "Bit better than budget" seems to start at twice that price (think Hawke Endurance, Burris Droptine, Nikon Prostaff etc). Buying at around £100, theres lots to choose from but my faves include one of the new Nikko Stirling Panavision scopes. Nice crisp optics, low parallax and usable at all mags; decent eye relief too. Might be worth a look. The Hawke Sport Rimfire Ret scope is also a cracking little scope for the money and takes the guesswork out of holdover too for 22LRs. Bought one after trying it out and as good as anything up to £100 tbh.

Edited by Savhmr

Sadly, that doesn't buy much these days. "Bit better than budget" seems to start at twice that price (think Hawke Endurance, Burris Droptine, Nikon Prostaff etc). Buying at around £100, theres lots to choose from but my faves include one of the new Nikko Stirling Panavision scopes. Nice crisp optics, low parallax and usable at all mags; decent eye relief too. Might be worth a look. The Hawke Sport Rimfire Ret scope is also a cracking little scope for the money and takes the guesswork out of holdover too for 22LRs. Bought one after trying it out and as good as anything up to £100 tbh.

Does the Hawke rimfire scope work with subsonic ammunition?

Does the Hawke rimfire scope work with subsonic ammunition?

Yes. Mine is almost spot on using 6x magnification in 22LR with Remington subs.

Re-read the above and actually the Vortex scope is also worth a shout. They're really well made scopes and carry a lifetime warranty too. The glass will be a much of a muchness between all of them in this budget, so it's not worth spending a lot of money at the budget end. Another possibility is a Fox scope. Some target shooters swear by these and I think they're about in budget, although they have changed some models. They're re-branded Chinese ZOS scopes or something but meant to be ok: http://www.foxfirearmsuk.com/index.php/accessories/fox-scopes-and-binoculars

Edited by Savhmr