Roe sika sack

andrew f

Andrew, I use a small normal rucksak to carry any stalking bits and pieces such as cable ties, spare knife, waterproofs etc. Also inside is a army laundry sack (a strong light mesh) in the bottom corners are 2 pingpong balls which clip to the lower fixings on the ruck sack with small cheap carribeena type clips. The top of the laundry sack is tied with string and clipped to the top rucksack grab handle. This holds 1 or 2 muntjack easily. So the laundry bag only piggybacks the rucksack when I get a deer which keeps the rucksack small and clean inside.

I also use an old laptop strap with 2 strings on each end that have a small noose to loop around each hoof to cary one deer on my shoulder for a short walk.

I hope this makes sense.

I tried walking across a couple of ploughed fields back to my car with two muntjac in a roe sack and it almost killed me - god knows what two roe be like.

done that and walked the hill in rough country for over an hour to get back to the road at one stage I considered my own mortality . A fallow doe and a follower finally persuaded me its not a good idea especially uphill. Our Sika here are not carry off sizes I shouldn't try anything but a calf.

Not many sika about here I tend to shoot two roe and I find it difficult to drag two by self and carry the rifle and sticks that's why i was using the Bergen but it's wrecked now and I need a replacement. if I do manage to shoot a sika and carry it off I will only do it once to see if I can

Not many sika about here I tend to shoot two roe and I find it difficult to drag two by self and carry the rifle and sticks that's why i was using the Bergen but it's wrecked now and I need a replacement. if I do manage to shoot a sika and carry it off I will only do it once to see if I can

Straps mate, get a single sack an put a pair of leg straps in it just in case ;)