GoPro Mount Question

Hi all,

I've been fortunate enough to receive a GoPro Hero 4 as a gift and I'm hoping to set it up with my shotgun and air rifle.

I have two over/under shotguns (12 and 20 bore) and an air rifle. I could just use a head strap but there's the fun in that. Have you got / seen any good methods of attaching a GoPro to a gun?

Also, is the recoil ok for the GoPro to handle......?

Any thoughts / tips gratefully received!

The gopro will be fine with recoil, in fact they are pretty indestructible if they are in their housing, i've dropped mine over 200' and it survived without a mark on it...

Mounting options there are absolutely loads out there and you will need to trial a few to decide on what you like the best, head over to eBay and you can pick up non-genuine mounting options for as little as a couple of quid...

I've got a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver, and have now ordered an SJ4000 as a companion to it (similar results, but £250.00 for the GoPro and only £22.95 for the SJ4000 LOL), and all the GoPro accessories mounts fit the SJ4000

So planning in one barrel mounted, and one head mounted :)

Sorry to hijack the thread. When you have used the sj 4000 please post some footage; all my videos are with the 1000 & I'm maybe looking to get the 4000.

Hi all,

I've been fortunate enough to receive a GoPro Hero 4 as a gift and I'm hoping to set it up with my shotgun and air rifle.

I have two over/under shotguns (12 and 20 bore) and an air rifle. I could just use a head strap but there's the fun in that. Have you got / seen any good methods of attaching a GoPro to a gun?

Also, is the recoil ok for the GoPro to handle......?

Any thoughts / tips gratefully received!

hello, i have been trying to find out some details on the gopro 4 not to buy but an idea i have for a shooting, i need the diameter of the front lens (in mm) or does it have a filter thread if so what size or do the adapters you see on ebay from china just push fit on. cheers