GDK Traps

RDP

Sorry Flyeruk! I stand by what I say. I have quite a lot of experience of their auto traps, less of their manual traps. I have a fair amount of experience of Bowman traps with a little experience of their manual traps and I can say they are brilliant in every way by the same token I have judged GDK equipment.

I have a gdk auto trap had it for over two years and it has been ok, gets used maybe once a month i fire maybe 200 clays at a time. Never let me down. I am lucky my local clayground let me collect the clays that have been fired and not broken. So by now my trap has paid for its self. What is it made of a motor a few springs some bits of metal, come its not rocket science if some goes wrong fix it. Or get the bit or make it yourself.

• 8 months later...

Thought I'd bump this. We have 3 GDK automatic traps which our syndicate use once a month. Never had any issues and perfectly suited to our needs. Would love promatics but we simply can't afford them.

Something I will say is there manuals look similar to one I bought from A1 decoys. It didn't last a day and neither did its replacement. We managed to modify it using a bolt as the weld for the arm cracked on both models.

Our club have bought both electric and manual GDK traps and they are both utter tosh!

You spend more time adjusting the automatic ones and the manual ones are so flimsy we have had to weld extra bits of steel on them to secure them.

As previously said.... what customer service!

Our club have bought both electric and manual GDK traps and they are both utter tosh!

You spend more time adjusting the automatic ones and the manual ones are so flimsy we have had to weld extra bits of steel on them to secure them.

As previously said.... what customer service!

Big +1 on this.

The electric ones are a right pain in the **** and are just utter ****. Likewise with the manual you are lucky if you get a bird in the air that doesn't have a wobble!

Thought I'd bump this. We have 3 GDK automatic traps which our syndicate use once a month. Never had any issues and perfectly suited to our needs. Would love promatics but we simply can't afford them.

Something I will say is there manuals look similar to one I bought from A1 decoys. It didn't last a day and neither did its replacement. We managed to modify it using a bolt as the weld for the arm cracked on both models.

Promatic .... lovely people to deal with and they do have special offers .... just contact them.

I

Promatic .... lovely people to deal with and they do have special offers .... just contact them.

Promatic are certainly what I would like to use but struggle to justify spending so much for 4 two hour sessions a year.

We are having a clay shoot this Sunday and I will be terrified the bloody things break down now haha!