Today's lucky catch.

JDog

To take my mind of a dentist appointment at 1pm I went down to the ponds for an hour. After catching thirty assorted rudd, roach, skimmer bream and perch I decided to float a crust of bread resulting in a nice mirror carp.

After the dentist and a painful extraction I returned to the ponds to distract my brain from the pain and I managed to wrestle in another mirror and a common carp.

DSC06528.jpg

DSC06527.jpg

DSC06521.jpg

I don't know what they weighed but as a guide the net is at least 2m across. Only kidding.

The middle one isn't a chub is it?

Edited by JDog

I often tick people off for not using a unhooking mat on here so it would be unfair to leave you out !

I can see they are on some long grass but a wet unhooking mat really is better for the fish , I am sure the pond owner would be grateful.

Well done on the fish , seems you are hooked now , will you be neglecting your pigeon shooting in the search of ever bigger specimens ?

I often tick people off for not using a unhooking mat on here so it would be unfair to leave you out !

I can see they are on some long grass but a wet unhooking mat really is better for the fish , I am sure the pond owner would be grateful.

Well done on the fish , seems you are hooked now , will you be neglecting your pigeon shooting in the search of ever bigger specimens ?

Three days ago I didn't have any kit apart from an old rod and an even older reel. Now you want me to buy an unhooking mat? If the pigeons return the fishing will get neglected. If they don't I promise to get myself a mat.

Three days ago I didn't have any kit apart from an old rod and an even older reel. Now you want me to buy an unhooking mat? If the pigeons return the fishing will get neglected. If they don't I promise to get myself a mat.

Could you not just use Lady JDogs aerobics mat for unhooking ?

It appears that you don't need any help. Nice fish, but as fenboy says a mat would be better.

That is a chub, a Chernobyl chub.

I see now. I did think it looked like a chub, others said otherwise. We may all have been correct.