The big "im packing up".

MM

Well. Its come to that time. Ive been shooting quite a few years now thanks to guys such as MagMan and the likes, but ive decided its time to hang up my guns and concerntrate on other hoobies such as fishing and whatever. So, with some experience behind me and some very, very hard earned permisions, im considering leaving the hobbie and finding another way to waste my time. Ive around 1200 acres to shoot over and they are made up of pasture, forrests, crop and rough ground, all located on the wirral. These pockets of land will not available for poaching from me, as the relationship with the land owners is one that is based on trust and hard bloody work. If you think you can just walk in and take them, please think again. The farmers ive been dealing with are, as im sure you are aware, are....welll,.... farmers. They dont take well to strangers. What i am willling to do over the next few months is take people out with me and see how they are on the land, and how they manage to cover what i show them. Its not an easy job, and needs weekly attention, but the hard work and time you are willing to put into it will be well worth it. I should add that there is also land for ferreting. Again, this has all been hard fought for and will need the right person. So. What will you need? Well, i started with a .22 air rifle and a crappy old shotgun. It would be hard work to manage this land now with these (trust me, i know), but i would say at least a .22 lr (opne ticket ideal) and the ability to use a shotgun or at least have someone at hand who can guide you. This would be your perm, nobody else's, and this is at the request of the land owners. I will be seeling all of my guns, from air rifles to cf, to shotguns over the next few weeks (if its ok with the site owner) and taking a list of pms to take people out with me for a guided tour/shoot. Ive been biten by the marine fish bug over the past year, and with the older i get, the more id rather be sat watching a goby sift sand, than sat in the rain waiting for pigeons. If the admin can see fit to open my PM's for me as they are restricted. Im not bothered about where you are located, but if you live in Derby, it might be a bit of a rush when the farmer wants you there that day. Common sense is required here. So, for an orderly queue and ill do my best to get back to you as soon as ive made a decision.

Regards, MM/ Martin.

i went to derby once.....it was shut hahah.

Sad to see the back of it all Sparkie, but its about time i passed the reigns over i think. Perfect chance for a voluptuous 19 year old redhead who has problems mouting her horse... and needs a hand hahah

Thanks chaps. Ive found some smashing new hobbies and would you believe it, but marine fish cost an arm and a leg. Im really into fishing so its not like ill be bored.

Might pay to keep your tickets and have an agreement with who you give the ground too that you will share it should you have a change of heart at a later date.

I gave up shooting when the kids were young for a few years and later regretted selling all my guns and letting my licence expire, if you keep your SGC at the least you could borrow a gun.

Might pay to keep your tickets and have an agreement with who you give the ground too that you will share it should you have a change of heart at a later date.

I gave up shooting when the kids were young for a few years and later regretted selling all my guns and letting my licence expire, if you keep your SGC at the least you could borrow a gun.

thanks dude. Im at that stage where my engery is zapped and i cant commit as much as id like. Im handing in my tickets as soon as ive milked the guns for what i can get. Maybe its an age thing haha (wouldnt mind, but ive amassed a nice set of shooters now)

I would most certainly put my name forward for permissions if I thought I could do them justice, what's needed in terms of time, etc. However I have enough on my plate keeping up with what I've got now, so much so that I turned down a rabbit-infested hillside a couple of weeks ago. To me, there's no point in saying yes, just to have it so that nobody else does.

Anyway, here's hoping you get some good candidates to take things over for you. ATB.

thanks robbie. this is land that needs a serious looking after and im glad to have the interest from people who are able to give it the time it needs. Ive got a local regular crew qho i shoot with and they will have first dibs on the bassis that they can manage it. Ive got a list of PMs already, but please keep them coming as the right person isnt always the first.

I dont want to sound like a "never seen before relative" at a will reading :) but I might be up for your 22lr if its in my price bracket :good:

ive a cz.22lr bolt action with mod and a cz.22lr semi auto with mod, both with glass and can be tested (as long as you dont start enjoying the semi auto 10 shot mag ;) ) ill list these in the next few months once the land is sorted. Both top guns and used and tuned all the time. working tools here im afraid, nothing fancy.

ive a cz.22lr bolt action with mod and a cz.22lr semi auto with mod, both with glass and can be tested (as long as you dont start enjoying the semi auto 10 shot mag ;) ) ill list these in the next few months once the land is sorted. Both top guns and used and tuned all the time. working tools here im afraid, nothing fancy.

Oddly enough its the bolt action and not the semi that would get my interest. Ill have to keep my eyes peeled for your advert if I havent got one already by then. Nowt wrong with a CZ at all! :)

Well done MM for offering the land out, good to see you are looking after the landowners as well by choosing the right people for the work that needs doing on the farms, as said maybe keep one shotgun and one rifle just in case, never say never again. I stopped shooting for @ 20 yrs then got back into it a couple of yrs ago and have really enjoyed it since.

ATB Scobydog

Hi mate am from the upton I do abit of foxing and pigeon shooting on the perm I have already am on an open license FAC with 22lr 17hmr 223 and 308 also have shotgun cert am a member of the dee Wildfowlers am very seriouse about my shooting and spend a lot of time out even though my permission is small and a lot of it isn't safe to shoot so have to concentrate on the safe areas I have 3 months off work every winter and am off regular though the summer months shame you leaving the sport mate

Ok. Land has been sorted with people and guns are half way to being sold. Thanks for all the interest and ta ra :)

Big thanks to all the decent people ive met through shooting over the years (some of who are now lifelong friends), and a big up yours to the people who turned out to be simpletons.