The Field Next Door

chasechicken

I've been out a few times recently shooting pigeons over rape stubble. The field next door, separated by a low hedge, is barley which was recently taken. The pigeons love that field but due to the road proximity and a telegraph line I can't shoot there. Typical and very frustrating. Would it be rude to suggest to the farmer that we put some scarers on that field in the hope they divert to me? I do get a fair few still but probably 3-4 times as many go over the hedge.

Another option is seeing if I can set up a hide and rifle them but not really as much fun.

Plastic carrier bags on 4 foot garden canes, attached by the handles with gaffa tape so they blow up like wind sock and rustle in the wind, you can stick them out just before you set up then take them down again as soon as you finish, works a treat for me, we put out a dozen or so on the big pea fields to concentrate the birds into one area, it doesn't scare them away, just makes them nervous about settling near them so they head for the nearest clear area, right in front of my hide. :good::good:

• 3 weeks later...