Gun opinions

leero84

Hi

Need a quick set of opinions ,

Which gun would members buy out of following all 28" barrel multi chokes .

1- browning medalist

2- lanber

3-Wembley Scott 912

Just want gun opinions not about which ever fits

Cheers guys

Edited by leero84

Ok my view for what it's worth.

Lanber had lots of guises some good some rather rough around the edges in sub £500 bracket a good Lanber is hard to beat.

Medalist or what it really is a FIAS Italian made gun in 20 bore handles well in 12 they are often poorly balanced especially with 30" barrels ruining handling reliable well made gun for the money.

Webley I dislike there look the handling (feel very dead) I just wouldn't go there.

The Medallist in 12g has a terrible reputation for snapping ejectors. Of the 3 I've known amongst friends and 1 identical Sabatti (FIAS), 2 suffered broken ejectors.

Later Lanbers seem to be reliable and solid and as the Turkish built guns are pretty iffy by reputation I'd go with Lanber.

The Browning all day long-it may well be a FIAS/Sabatti but its a good gun that will hold its value-I have a FIAS that is identical in every way to the Browning so you could go down that route-mine was £100 from memory and , after having the chokes opened to SK & 1/4 I had my highest ever score with her last week.

• 4 weeks later...