SABS's Shooting Tales 15/16

shoot and be safe

My Summary of the 15/16 Season.

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my days shooting during the 15/16 season, shooting at various shoots around the UK, covering over 2200 miles on the various journeys we have taken.
final%20map%202_zps7xteq6um.png

The Good Lady and I have met some fantastic people along the way, both other guns and shoot staff, especially the shoot captains.
I couldn't say which shoot was the best, as each shoot is so much different to the next, with varied management styles and types of ground they present the birds over. I have 3 which are all top of my list, with all the others less than a hair's width below. I haven't had a bad day all season, even the day I got shot peppered, was enjoyable :oops:

Special mentions must go to:
  • All the ladies and gentlemen involved with the Crown Shoot, for the memories I have from this season and all the previous seasons I have been a member of the shoot. From poaching magman's birds and he poaching mine, to the fundraising ventures we have all been involved in. We have had some good times and I thank you all, especially Paul223 for all the time and effort he has put in over the years. Also thank you to everyone for making all the guests on the Crown feel welcome and part of the team.
  • All the guests I have hosted on the Crown, you have all been a pleasure to shoot with and thank you for the various bottles and gifts you have given me, much appreciated :good:
  • Young maglad for standing with The Good Lady on the Weeton shoot. Without your encouragement Jay, Amy wouldn't have taken her mega shot :good:
  • All keepers and shoot captains of the shoots I have had the pleasure to visit over the season just gone. They have all been great and passionate about the day's sport they've provided for the lines of guns.
  • The chaps who have invited The Good Lady and I onto the shoots they have organised.

The Cotswold's shoot, organised by JDog, is one of the best all round days I have ever had, plus the hospitality shown by SNS was fantastic. Thanks chaps and looking forward to shooting with you all again :good:

The Newbridge shoot, Wrexham (dafydd1983 shoot), organised by Paul223, was the funniest day's sport we've had. We laughed like children, mainly at the expense of .philmypower. :lol: Also Daf's father looked after us all very well during the day and is a fantastic gentleman :good:

The day I had by kind invitation off Tam and Hopper :friends: to their small syndicate up in central Scotland. It was only a small bag that day, but George (the captain) kept us all entertained with his wit and charm :whistling:

The Woodcock days organised by Highbird 70, I shot my first ever snipe on this shoot :yahoo:

And finally to PhilR and ColinF who donated their day to the PW Charity raffle last year, that I was lucky enough to win and have the pleasure to shoot. Their generosity was second to none and helped raise a lot of money for the PW Charity :yes: Well done chaps. See you at the next Charity Shoot :good:

• I would like to thank all of you that have posted comments on this thread, encouraging me to continue writing, plus everyone else who has taken the time to read through my jottings.
  • Finally a huge thank you must go to The Good Lady for:

Standing by me on the days and throughout the season,

Taking the photographs,

Making me very proud by standing on her own peg and taking some fantastic birds from the sky.

I have already mentioned the PW Charity Shoot above and I would urge all of you to try and attend the day if you can. It is a fantastic event raising money in aid of a very good cause.
http://pwcharityshoot.co.uk/about.html
You will get to meet some great characters and have the opportunity to win some astonishingly great prizes in the raffle.
I hope to see you there :good:

Well that's it, the season is over. I have shot some fantastic birds and missed a darn sight more, but I have thoroughly enjoyed our time out in the fields together :yes:
Looking forward to next season already.

Thanks for reading.
All the best,
Sabs.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic