SABS's Shooting Tales 15/16

shoot and be safe

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great write up and great to see a hammer gun on the line.

Β 

appreciate what you've got there lads as there's many (including me) would love a little bit of of scenic ground to shoot over with a good bunch of fellows.

Β 

atb

Β 

f.

Cheers fudds :good: Have to say that I prefer the William Ford :yes:

Steve had another 7 in the back of his truck and im sure there was 3 unpicked in the 110 , so your way out :lol:

Ah, that explains it. :yes:

I've got one that will//<![CDATA[

(function(){var g=this,h=function(b,d){var a=b.split("."),c=g;a[0]in c||!c.execScript||c.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===d?c[e]?c=c[e]:c=c[e]={}:c[e]=d};var l=function(b){var d=b.length;if(0<d){for(var a=Array(d),c=0;c<d;c++)a[c]=b[c];return a}return[]};var m=function(b){var d=window;if(d.addEventListener)d.addEventListener("load",b,!1);else if(d.attachEvent)d.attachEvent("onload",b);else{var a=d.onload;d.onload=function(){b.call(this);a&&a.call(this)}}};var n,p=function(b,d,a,c,e){this.f=b;this.h=d;this.i=a;this.c=e;this.e={height:window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,width:window.innerWidth||document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth};this.g=c;this.b={};this.a=[];this.d={}},q=function(b,d){var a,c,e=d.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");if(a=e&&!(e in b.d))if(0>=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c<d.length;++c)a=a.concat(l(document.getElementsByTagName(d[c])));if(0!=a.length&&a[0].getBoundingClientRect){for(c=0;d=a[c];++c)q(b,d);a="oh="+b.i;b.c&&(a+="&n="+b.c);if(d=0!=b.a.length)for(a+="&ci="+encodeURIComponent(b.a[0]),c=1;c<b.a.length;++c){var e=","+encodeURIComponent(b.a[c]);131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0<a.width&&0<a.height&&0<a.naturalWidth&&0<a.naturalHeight||e in b&&a.width>=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=ajax&section=topics&do=quote&t=320192&p=2946966&md5check=79c9a196fb7ece9cfe787465b3d368ad&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,MifRXVWvOUg');

//]]>CC404F32-267D-41B7-BC5F-0CAE8731CAB2_zps

:lol:

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=97fe2e6ba1e22a75ab9f2620a456f36e&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=320192&p=2946993&md5check=71cfd74dabbfbc2aaa8a4d699b6196b1&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,vHGP0cZiQ00');//]]></script> 356232AD-8724-4CB3-87F4-D936DF74C28F_zps&&0

Β 

Bloody hell it took all those tools to make it happen :P

Β 

PS, your top levers missing

Edited by magman

Thanks Chris :good:

I haven't been up Snowdon for many years, it is great up there on a cold crisp morning when you can see for miles.

How's the knee doing?

Ah, it's a lovely view - love Wales for that. Knee much better now thanks, managing to exercise it properly now but no running for another couple of week. Hope you are well. Looking forward to the next report :-)

think you will find it was 55 Pheasant , just saying like :whistling:

Β 

PS , show me a hammer gun that opens when the hammers are cocked :hmm:

So how do you get a Vidio from photo bucket to here ?

https://youtu.be/H8YSqrndBa0

Β 

Β 

Here you go Rob. A hammer gun that opens when the hammers are pulled back :whistling:

Thanks OF for the video :good:

Β 

Edit to add YouTube link

Edited by shoot and be safe

SABS

I think you have done an excellent sharing your shoot outings. Glad you had a good day at Bodidris i know the estate quite well, I dont know if you have seen your photo in the Shooting Gazette from the Wappenshall shoot?

Well done :good:

Β 

Nats

Thanks for your kind words, glad you enjoy the write up 's :good:

Β 

No I haven't seen the photo in the SG, I shall have a look. :good:

Β 

I'm in the process of sorting another day at Bodidris for a full team on a 100 mixed bag day.

I know I have at least 3 spare pegs so if you or anyone would like to join our team for the day, drop me a PM.

Cracking looking gun mate

Β 

Are you going to tell its history πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Β 

All the best

Of

Well a hammer gun from the early 1900s speaks for it's self really in my eyes a propper game gun.

Many folk who mount it will say its short that is and laugh.

But they have shot many of game for many years and with it's long barrels and tight choke will bring some cracking birds down.

Plus I don't miss much with itπŸ‘