Ditchman has lost it ..completly !

ditchman

Here is a sorry looking 90 for you ditchman, that side of the chassis is about two inches shorter now, i was surprised how much it crumpled

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=41685e4258692bd9b661f7bbc8ce656a&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=320448&p=2958881&md5check=8c4f448c8ffb51dea8f00858df2979f9&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,pl6HFvSmYkg');//]]></script> DSC_0059_zpscick4jcf.jpg&&0

Oh and i had to cut the bumper off just to move it about

what did you hit..................?

Don't forget to put some coppaslip on it. Although stainless doesn't rust, they can (and do) spall, particularly when hot

do use copperslip...dont need to on that tho' it will barely get warm....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a sorry looking 90 for you ditchman, that side of the chassis is about two inches shorter now, i was surprised how much it crumpled

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=c34d6b9d897fd441abfdd705638ab537&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=320448&p=2958881&md5check=0b4fe005e7690a5ea633fb6447ec7c31&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,gvNS3wZBhro');//]]></script> DSC_0059_zpscick4jcf.jpg&&0

Oh and i had to cut the bumper off just to move it about

Will a new front chassis section sort it or has she gone out of square Big Mat

A front radius arm snapped ?? Never seen that before, even in competition. Seen the bend a bit but not snap.

Ref the chassis, check it thoroughly, replace damage and it will be fine. Seen some horrific damage straightened / replaced. That's the beauty of a separate chassis, you can remove it to check and repair properly. Fit half a chassis if necessary, just sleeve the joint correctly. A lot of trucks are cut in half from new and extended.

A front radius arm snapped ?? Never seen that before, even in competition. Seen the bend a bit but not snap.

Ref the chassis, check it thoroughly, replace damage and it will be fine. Seen some horrific damage straightened / replaced. That's the beauty of a separate chassis, you can remove it to check and repair properly. Fit half a chassis if necessary, just sleeve the joint correctly. A lot of trucks are cut in half from new and extended.

One of the rear ones.

As for repairing the chassis, it won't be repaired, doesn't sit right with me.

piping up the engine now...what i must do is to make a clamp of some sort to stop the pipes resonating...landrover do fit one but they are utter rubbish and soon fail...(made out of plastic)...so im going to have a go and cobble one up..

so i start off with a bit of "key" steel and cut it into 2 bits,,,

post-11401-0-56170300-1450020618_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-61701300-1450020631_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-91202000-1450020815_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-07907500-1450020833_thumb.jpg

one thing i am going to do, before i wind it up is sort out a better solution to all the routing of the fuel and air pipes.......they are an ugly mess.....the pipes are made of a very hard plastic...so i am thinking of starting again with matbe 2 or 3 inches of steel then doing the runs with a more flexible pipe and neatly bunching then together with cable ties....dont want to put them in a duct cause i wont be able to sort them if there is a problem.....

You swine, even your spot welds are immaculate!

i aim to please.... :lol: ...............(i might have already done 23 spot welds and taken photos....but chose the best one :lol: ....cause if i didnt i would be slated for it...cause there are several welders on here...)............it does help if you have a very good welding set.....it will look after you...

i aim to please.... :lol: ...............(i might have already done 23 spot welds and taken photos....but chose the best one :lol: ....cause if i didnt i would be slated for it...cause there are several welders on here...)............it does help if you have a very good welding set.....it will look after you...

I doubt there was more than 1 photo needed. Obviously a skilled craftsman! You are right about a good welding set, but also a lot of practice is needed. Keep up the good work, loving this thread.