Is camo worth so much?

Vulcha

I really need to get some camo gear, as my uncle has been able to get us a farm to shoot on. I have looked in magazines and on the interenet and all the camo designed for shooting is round about £100 for just a jacket! I am thinking of buying some surplus army gear, preferably German Flecktran. What do you think?

Those jackets look a bit short to me RJ,

Same comment that I made.

The ones from ukshootwarehouse are longer but a little bit more expensive.

I think a jacket in a large tartan with the right shades, is the answer. The body outline is broken up and it has the added advantage of being suitable for wearing at other times.

Really, there is a lot of c**p talked regarding cammo. A cheap jacket from an army surplus is more than adequate. Even a dark barbour, moleskins and tweeds work pretty well. - Concentrate more on tactics!!

Well said HG.

Deer are colour blind! They see movement of shades not actuall colours, so real tree is nice, but if you stood still in a high viz jacket it wouldnt see you. Hunters in the states wear blaze orange!

I use a pair of medium green heavy trousers and a Belgian camo smock and that sems to work very well for everything I do.

But, I did just get given my first ever pair of _fitting_ Uk issue DPM trousers. Ok, so they look a bit weird with the Belgian top, but they work.

Anything that breaks up your outline will help conceal you. At night I've even been known to wear dark blue, that works.

Wookie

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...&sort=3&rows=50

This guy is US based.He is cheap and ships to your door in under 5 days.I bought 2 ADV Timber jackets from him, the ones you see on ebay and for sale in the UK at £45+..what did I pay??? £17+shipping.

Buy yout gear from the US and save your self a fortune..just remember to ask that the value on the package is stated as less than $40 to avoid import costs...

£50 for a coat?!? I can get a German camo goat and trousers for under £15!

God that sounds quite alot for a German lawnmower that you can't see when it's working. :):D:D

Lawnmower?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

German camo goat=

German=understand

Camo=camoflage (can't see)

Goat=eats grass/lawnmower

:D:lol::lol::lol::D:D

Understand? spelt goat instead of coat

I'll get my bag then! :*)

I've gone :*)