Just cartridges

Hi

Have used the above company a couple times now and will continue to do so but am writing to let you all know that when I put an order in of 750 steel and 250 lead to take it up to the 1000 rate I was informed that the steel will be priced at the 500 rate and the lead would be at the 25 rate as you have to buy 1000 steel to get it at a 1000 rate.

This was a bit unusual as they are complete slabs.

I bought a big mixed order for my cartridge velocity test from them, they said they would chuck me a it discount which I thought was fair but I never checked if they did or not, just took it in good faith they had. So I bought 40 mixed boxes from them in a second order for my cartridge test, I asked if they would do the same with a it discount but they said I never hot any last time and couldn't offer any this time. I was a little confused with that and disappointed as I buy allot of cartridges from them through two or three of my friends. I reckon if you give your word on something that's what you do!

Ace Shooting on the other hand couldn't have been more helpful when they sent me a mixed order!

There is a difference in the price per 1000, steel is cheaper than lead.

You are not buying 1000 cartridges at one price, you are buying two lots of 500 cartridges at two different prices.

If you are seeking special deals on mixed lots, then there is no harm in phoning round and seeing whats available.

I have never found any deals better than those from Just Cartridges.

If you are aware of the terms before you place your order, then there is no problem.

I don't know any of the "bulk" suppliers that let you mix steel and lead cartridges.

In my experience Just Cartridges are a very good company to deal with, I have been a customer for a lot of years.

+1. I use them for all my cartridges and have no complaints.

The order I placed with them to make a 1000 was 500 steel 12b and 500 steel 20b and got the 1000 rate.

Also they don't split slabs of 250 in lead or steel as they will be charged at the 25 rate regardless of how many you buy.

Just interesting as if you go to any shop you can split any cartridge order and if you buy 1000 you get it at that rate

local gunshops near me allways give you 1000 rate on 1000 carts irrespective of what they are.

its not hard to work out that if ya want 500 steel and its £150 a thousand that there £75

250 lead 7s £160 a thousand so £40 and 250 pigeon carts at £200 a thousand so £50

total bill £165 thats how they do it here.

If you are aware of the terms before you place your order, then there is no problem.

I don't know any of the "bulk" suppliers that let you mix steel and lead cartridges.

In my experience Just Cartridges are a very good company to deal with, I have been a customer for a lot of years.

Agree.

Why are you buying all that steel? Cant be for the shore?

Buying in bulk saves a sweat about not getting stock in for the start of the next season. Or it could be split between a few folk. who knows

in my humble opinion I do not think that a person who cannot afford to buy a 1000 should have to pay more for a slab of say 250 this possibly means that person does not have a lot of funds to spend so I quarter my prices so at 180 per 1000 he pays 45 for a slab also with the view of him trying them from me why make some body pay more when he does not have a lot of money to start with I go even down to a box of 25 at 4.50 p per box takes same time to serve why charge extra thanks george

Guest rimotu66

in my humble opinion I do not think that a person who cannot afford to buy a 1000 should have to pay more for a slab of say 250 this possibly means that person does not have a lot of funds to spend so I quarter my prices so at 180 per 1000 he pays 45 for a slab also with the view of him trying them from me why make some body pay more when he does not have a lot of money to start with I go even down to a box of 25 at 4.50 p per box takes same time to serve why charge extra thanks George

:good: You Sir are a good'un. I have always thought this as well, if 1000 costs £200 why should anyone pay more then £50 for 250, its a rip off.

It can work the other way though where the price for 25 is the base price and when larger orders are placed, discount is given. I would not expect a discount on 25. I would expect to pay the going rate. I would expect a discount of I placed an order for 1000, as that's a lot of shells and the vendor gets enough profit to make a small discount still worth their while. There is plenty of choice in cartridges, so people are free to pick and chose within their budgets and shouldn't really expect to be given discount on a single box of 25. I'm a small businessman myself, and lucky sometimes to make minimum wage because the expectation is that everyone wants something for nothing. Its a modern disease. People have to make a living after all, and their services should be used or lost altogether, no-matter who they are. Just cartridges prices seem par for the course to me and when they're delivered to your doorstep, it is very convenient.

Edited by Savhmr

:good: You Sir are a good'un. I have always thought this as well, if 1000 costs £200 why should anyone pay more then £50 for 250, its a rip off.

Economies of scale being passed on to consumers can only be a good thing. It is not a rip off.

Edited by Milo

Guest rimotu66

Economies of scale being passed on to consumers can only be a good thing. It is not a rip off.

If a seller makes a profit selling 1000 for £200 he will also make a profit selling 250 for £50, its the usual buy more off us and we will give you a discount rip off just like the super markets do.