Long net height?

werbad

How many square high is your long net?

I have just finsh making one thinking it was 18 high,its not! Its 27x606, some where it went wrong!

What would you do?

Just an observation , if the net is taller would that give you more "Bag" as it would be loose at the back due to the fold over ?? Any comments would be appreciated .

yes it would in a way,you don't want it straight up and down like a tennis court net,the actual "bag" is made up by adding extra length,so a 100 yard long net set at 50 yards would give 50% bag and a 200 would give you 100% bag,is that understandable,lol...............

This, just as Rabbiter says.

Mine are 15 meshes high of 2. 1/8 inch mesh size set at 26 inch high if this helps. All the bag is in the length but a little sag is also good as if you have a few rabbits in each section you still want the bag to not make a wall of tight net in the remaining areas so having some sag so they run onto the net allows them to become enmeshed.as soon as they thrash about a bit.

Double bag and a bit of sag !! :good:

you still need bag in the length mate,id say more so,i set mine at around 14" high on the poles,so that the net hangs loose,not tight like a tennis court net,if you get me,then the length should be set with poles 5 yards apart,some people do 7 yards,and have atleast a yard of "bag"between each pole,so if your net stretched out is say 50 yards,it should be set up 25 yds at the very least,this will give you a yard of bag between poles..

Too technical a pole at the start then a pole every six paces then a pole at the end if your in good country move the poles to five paces to keep the net up when the rabbits hit it

exactly...........if you knit another one,do it 28 meshes high,and whatever length you fancy,put it on your poles at around 14 inches high,with as said above a pole at the start then one every 5 or so yards,having atleast 10 yards of net between poles,that will give you 100% bag