Crow decoys

Beagle boy

Morning lads.

Around me at the moment I seen huge number of rooks/jackdaws whilst decoying pigeons. I had a few but not many (around 6 so far )

I only have 2 crow decoys at the minute but crow decoys seem very expensive.

Are there any low cost alternatives like spraying pigeon decoys black ?

Or just throw a dead rabbit out there with a couple of crow decoys and see how it goes?

Many thanks rob

There' a YouTube clip on how to make crow decoys from black bin liners. Very cheap I suspect and only requires your time.

I use FUD's (bought them before I saw the clip!) but they are expensive at around £30 for six. But they do work for me. I put three either side of my pigeon decoy pattern. It works on crows and jackdaws and doesn't deter the pigeons.

There' a YouTube clip on how to make crow decoys from black bin liners. Very cheap I suspect and only requires your time.

I use FUD's (bought them before I saw the clip!) but they are expensive at around £30 for six. But they do work for me. I put three either side of my pigeon decoy pattern. It works on crows and jackdaws and doesn't deter the pigeons.

Those crow decoys from bin liners do work well from u-tube, made 8 up my self, and worked so good, I then bought 6 crow FUDS (opposite to your self Bobba). I set them all apart from main pigeon decoys, it not only brings in the Black Stuff but seems to put the pigeons more at ease. There's some thing about making your own dec's that work, which gives great satisfaction, F.

I bought a large pile of "garden crow" decoys. Same as the flocked decoys, but no flocking, instead shiny black plastic.

Then I sprayed them Matt black, and drilled a hole in the bottom, and a smaller one in the top.

Then got some jack pike spring pegs, sprayed them black too, and they work perfectly.

After a few got shot by mates "playing about" I bought some "crow socks" off ebay, and used those to repair them.

That said, I'm sure the crow socks would fit pigeon decoys too. So only have to carry one set of decoys

Edited by Redditch

Just bite the bullet and buy 12 flocked shell decoys from a1 decoys it's only £40. They won't take up to much space and it saves all the hassle and they will hopefully last a long time. I've just ordered mine and I added a magpie on to my oder to to add some verity

Edited by madmatt