Lamping at Sparkies

Gingar

Me and my dad (Reggiegun) received an invite to go lamping on Sparkies land so we began to get the gear packed up into the car and start out 1 hour 30 minute journey.

After the long journey (in which I slept most of) we arrived at Sparkies house and struggled to park on his drive which was full of around 6 cars. After some shocking parking from Reggiegun we finally got parked up and assisted in attaching a frame to Sparkies pick-up to shoot off.

IMAG0826_zpskkkepmq7.jpg

I think Sparkie loves his new hat we gave him

IMAG08271_zpsqkqoja2j.jpg

After a 10 minute drive we arrived at the first field. We had a quick scan as we drove to our position to park up in the middle of the field and saw nothing.

About 2 minutes in with no call on we spotted our first fox so I quickly got into position and was ready to shoot..... the lamp was turned on and when I looked through the scope I couldn't see anything but blur due to the scope being set to Reggiegun's ridiculously bad eyes. I re-adjusted the scope so I could see and by the time I was ready again the lamp shy fox was too far away and the opportunity was missed...... nice one dad.

10 minutes later after a bit of calling another fox appears after watching it come in close enough on my night vision spotter I mounted the rifle and took the shot... number one down. Reggiegun was sent out to retrieve the fox and he said he counted around 200 yards.

5 minutes later another fox appeared and started running in. This one got to around 60 yards and turned broadside and started running across us. After a quick shout from Sparkie, The fox stopped and received a bullet to the heart and I watched him drop on the spot... number two down.

When Reggiegun was sent for this fox (around 50 yards) he decided to do a very slow 300 yard dash in which he claims to have pulled his knee. After a bit of questioning what he was doing I phoned him and got him to come back and he then told us that he wasn't watching and didn't actually know where the fox was, but he saw another over the hill. We did a bit of calling and the fox didn't show so I want out and retrieved the second fox and we left for some other permissions.

We had a quick drive to the nearby Kebab shop which Sparkie claimed was the "best in Derby" so I decided to have one... after realising I spent my money I thought I had and finding out they had no card machine Sparkie paid for the kebabs so I must remember.... I owe you £11.

In the next field we sent Reggiegun to the roof to lamp for a bit while me and Sparkie ate our Kebabs.

received_10153650717554282_zpsqnxjqpy4.j

We spent the next 10 minutes in the warm while my dad was still searching and he saw nothing.

We spotted a fox about 10 minutes later but he decided not to show again so we had a drive round to where we spotted him and saw nothing.

received_10153650717319282_zpsbzlp773z.j

We went back to the first field that we shot the 2 foxes in to see if we can see any more around but by this time the mist had come in and we couldn't see anything. So at this point we decided it was a waste of time to hang around so what did they decide to do? play lightsabres.... :hmm:

IMAG0830_zpsbedkbt0d.jpg

After leaving the field we went over to a few other areas and I shot 4 rabbits with the HMR and we decided to call it a night at around 3:20

We had a great time and I really enjoyed the idea of turning up to a field that is 10 minutes away from our starting point and shooting 2 foxes within 20 minutes as all our land is so far away..

Should've shot 3 but still it was a great night, Thanks for the invite Sparkie! :good:

IMAG0828_zpsxc0qidkz.jpg

Was a great night with some good shooting.

Shame the bunnies and a few of the other foxs we saw didn't want to play least ya never shot at any and educated them so they will be there for next time. Think it was 7 seen at distance but should of been 3 dead, if it wasn't for ya dads boggle eyes it would have been.

I'm pretty sure when we sent ya dad on his 300 yard walk for a 60 yard fox the fox he saw was following him.

There for next time we will do it again soon was a pleasure.

Sparkie