Help

Sambaker1993

well there's a surprise................answer...................they are a more sporting bird to shoot................Duke of Edinburugh loved his pigeon shooting....he used to come down once a month and stay with the cowman and his family in Wolverton...then get picked up by the keeper and off to the hide with a flask and a cheese sarnie...........

practice and loads of cartridges.............and DONT KEEP CHANGING YOUR CHOKES,,, :good:

Actually, it is just possible that you're missing in front. It's a range thing and often pigeon shooters will attempt to take on a rook/crow at an excessive range because when the latter looks to be 40 yards off because that's what a pigeon looks like at that distance the size of the latter species being bigger means it can be more like 50. Your problem might just be the reverse and the pigeon is closer than you think. Consequently, what Ditchman says.

I can think of no real reason for you to struggle with pigeons if you can consistently kill most other birds.

I can !

Woodies rarely fly in a straight line, and the jinking can make a fool of many a good shot.

Really watch the line they're on, and try to shoot either before they see you, or after they've taken evasive action and levelled out again. Typically I'd give a woodie less lead on a 30 yard crosser that a pheasant or duck ..... don't let it hold you back, you'll find them soon.

I can !

Woodies rarely fly in a straight line, and the jinking can make a fool of many a good shot.

Really watch the line they're on, and try to shoot either before they see you, or after they've taken evasive action and levelled out again. Typically I'd give a woodie less lead on a 30 yard crosser that a pheasant or duck ..... don't let it hold you back, you'll find them soon.

I can !

I get the jinking thing, that's obvious enough. If pigeons jink, it can put you miles off line. I was thinking more in a like for like lead kind of way.

Personally I shoot a lot better on the game shoots I go on but then to my way of thinking a pheasant or duck is a larger target than a humble woodie.Also you have an idea when they are coming and from which direction and also they are driven whereas a pigeon goes where and when it wants and as others say they don't half jinks about :good::yes: