Can you use an estate rifle in Germany ?

utectok

Hi good people I have been offered some driven boar shooting in Germany but the host says you can only use a rifle in Germany if you hold a German rifle licence. I have a uk shotgun cert but no FAC I had assumed some kind of estate rifle rules could be applied as here in scotland could anyone clarify matters ?

Many thank Will

Edited by utectok

Id imagine if you have been invited it could be by a friend ?

If so then maybe you could possibly talk to him about sharing a gun for you're first visit. so you can swap shooting on each drive. then you will be under supervision and able to use his gun. Then that will give you adequate reason for submitting your FAC for a caliber reasonable enough for Boar.

Then the next time you go. which i can assure you, you will. you will not have any issues.

I think the main problem is not having an FAC. if you did then the lending of an estate rifle wouldn't be an issue.

hope that helps

Edit - if its for a trip next year.. put in your FAC now with proof of invitation from the hunt master etc you could possibly get it in time.

Edited by 30-06hunter

Thanks guys it's an invite via a friend and I don't think he seriously expected me to say i'd come. Perhaps he has had a change of heart and looking for an out? He runs the shoot and perhaps sold all the guns as I know it's his income. Maybe I'll offer to pay but I don't want to be rude.... I'm guessing if there was a will it could be done??

Edited by utectok

You will need a hunting licence, generally firearms and ammo can be hired locally.

I took my own rifle with me but some of the group had rifles provided for them by the host.

Quite a few UK companies run trips to Germany and a look on their websites should show that rifles/ammo can be hired/borrowed once in Germany. So that should hopefully answer your question for you.