Nice little part trained Springer Dog, L&W, 16 Months

bigbird

Hi all,

I have a nice little dog available, bought for detection work but not hot enough.

KC reg, docked with legal paperwork.

So far walks beautifully to heel on and off lead, stops and sits when you do. I've walked him off lead past about twenty pheasants all legging it down the road and he didn't put a foot wrong.

Retrieves nicely, just started on memory retrieves.

Turns and recalls on the whistle.

I suppose to some he is 'nearly' part trained to be fair.

Not the most auspicious of pedigrees, he is no world beater but is lovely, steady and affectionate, make a super pet/working dog. He's quite a solid sturdy dog, not small.

£600 VERY negotiable to the right home at the stage he is now at so don't be afraid to get in touch. He still needs work obviously and quite a lot of it but is a lovely unspoilt little fella looking for a home with a gentle handler.

N Wales, near Chester.

Please pm for further info and I'll add photos when I can.

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by bigbird

Well I've had him at home for just 37 hours now and he's everything that BB said, although he's now called Rufus. He's my first dog and I had no reservations bringing him away on Wednesday, now he just wants to be at my side the whole time, which is where he is as I type. He's been great on walks, with people and other dogs. Him and our three cats are slowly coming to terms with each other, a sort of stand-offish inquisitiveness. I've had him off the lead and he responds well, walking to heel, stay/recall and short retrieves. I let him loose for a run in some local woodland where he quartered and flushed several squirrels up trees, never going too far, looking back and returning after a few minutes.

I'm going to take him to training classes with a local guy recommended by BB. I'm just starting my first game season as a half gun on a small and friendly syndicate over in Humberside, so he'll be out working with me on my non-shooting days and hopefully doing some proper retrieves by the New Year.

I'm confident that he will learn quickly if I can get things right so please wish me luck.

Cheers,

Mick

Well I've had him at home for just 37 hours now and he's everything that BB said, although he's now called Rufus. He's my first dog and I had no reservations bringing him away on Wednesday, now he just wants to be at my side the whole time, which is where he is as I type. He's been great on walks, with people and other dogs. Him and our three cats are slowly coming to terms with each other, a sort of stand-offish inquisitiveness. I've had him off the lead and he responds well, walking to heel, stay/recall and short retrieves. I let him loose for a run in some local woodland where he quartered and flushed several squirrels up trees, never going too far, looking back and returning after a few minutes.

I'm going to take him to training classes with a local guy recommended by BB. I'm just starting my first game season as a half gun on a small and friendly syndicate over in Humberside, so he'll be out working with me on my non-shooting days and hopefully doing some proper retrieves by the New Year.

I'm confident that he will learn quickly if I can get things right so please wish me luck.

Cheers,

Mick

Sounds like he has gone to a great home.

Good luck for this season.