Do we need them.

la bala

Meat-eaters should be treated like smokers, says the vegan shadow environment secretary Kerry McCarthy.

I wonder if this woman has ever taken perscription drugs in her lifetime, used soap or other toiletries made with a spot of whale oil, purchased leather shoes or handbags. How these bigots gripe me. Rant over.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meat-eaters should be treated like smokers, says the vegan shadow environment secretary Kerry McCarthy.

I wonder if this woman has ever taken perscription drugs in her lifetime, used soap or other toiletries made with a spot of whale oil, purchased leather shoes or handbags. How these bigots gripe me. Rant over.

I have more respect for vegans than the alleged vegetarians, but neither have thought it through and show little understanding of world agriculture, economy or the environment, not to mention a world devoid of ALL farm animals

Why cant these people mind their own business. Fair enough they are vegans, I dont want to force them to eat meat or wear animal products. So why should they dictate to non vegans on their diet and choice of clothing.

Blackpowder

Must admit,i have a friend who's a veggie and its not unknown for her to unfriend people on Facebook if they post something about enjoying a meal containing meat! She unfriended me ages ago when i explained what lamping is! Odd thing is though she still speaks to me in real life.

Friends like that you do not need in real life or on line.

Blackpowder

Why cant these people mind their own business. Fair enough they are vegans, I dont want to force them to eat meat or wear animal products. So why should they dictate to non vegans on their diet and choice of clothing.

It is this, coupled with the intolerance Gordon R mentions, that narks me more than anything about them. They have chosen a lifestyle by which they choose to live their lives, and to that I say fair enough and good for you; please allow me to do the same.

I don't harp on at veggies and try and force them to change their lifestyle by eating meat, so why do they feel they have the right to force their lifestyle on me?

There is a saying which goes...'How can you tell if someone is a vegetarian? Give them a minute and they'll tell you.'

Point out to these people that our countryside would be bereft of sheep, cows and pigs etc, and they look at you as if you're stupid.

Must admit,i have a friend who's a veggie and its not unknown for her to unfriend people on Facebook if they post something about enjoying a meal containing meat! She unfriended me ages ago when i explained what lamping is! Odd thing is though she still speaks to me in real life.

Silly cow!

It's their intolerance that gets me.

Oh the irony !

It is this, coupled with the intolerance Gordon R mentions, that narks me more than anything about them. They have chosen a lifestyle by which they choose to live their lives, and to that I say fair enough and good for you; please allow me to do the same.

I don't harp on at veggies and try and force them to change their lifestyle by eating meat, so why do they feel they have the right to force their lifestyle on me?

There is a saying which goes...'How can you tell if someone is a vegetarian? Give them a minute and they'll tell you.'

Point out to these people that our countryside would be bereft of sheep, cows and pigs etc, and they look at you as if you're stupid.

Bless them, they are on another level!

There's a reason we have the teeth & digestive system that we have.

We're omnivores and we need meat for certain vitamins.

No we don't, meat only really gives a source of B complex, that's easily sourced from other foodstuff, which is more bioavailable.

Similar to the one I heard...

A poor elderly gent collapses in the street and handful of people rush to his aid.

One chap shouts "Is anyone a doctor or had any medical training..?"

Woman at the back answers "I'm a vegan".

Similar to the one I heard...

A poor elderly gent collapses in the street and handful of people rush to his aid.

One chap shouts "Is anyone a doctor or had any medical training..?"

Woman at the back answers "I'm a vegan".

:lol:

Very good...and really not very far from the truth either. :lol:

I've got a friend who lives in the US and his wife has recently 'found' veganism.

Her Facebook posts are a joy to behold. Over the last year or so she's gone from being quite normal to being a nasty, intolerant gobs***e...it's almost like a religion to most of them.

Has anyone ever thought that a Vegan could be killing more animals than meat eaters? Unless they grow all their own food Im sure a farmer has to put measures in place to control by means of shooting trapping or disease (myxomatosis). I mean a rabbit or deer dont think like oh look there a field of carrots just for humans Im not gonna eat that. Thats my argument anyway and I think I have a valid point.

Has anyone ever thought that a Vegan could be killing more animals than meat eaters? Unless they grow all their own food Im sure a farmer has to put measures in place to control by means of shooting trapping or disease (myxomatosis). I mean a rabbit or deer dont think like oh look there a field of carrots just for humans Im not gonna eat that. Thats my argument anyway and I think I have a valid point.

Exactly how I see it, pigeons have been shot so they can have there toast in the morning