Wreck fishing and a shark

Dignity

Went out from Bridlington on Saturday with my mate Dave on his boat, wile over a wreck about 5 miles off flamborough head we both hooked into fish Dave got his up to the surface first then shouted ******* Shark as he lifted a cod over the side a 10 ft porbeagle shark had followed his cod up to the surface, it came round the back of the boat leaning to one side looking at us with one of its big black eyes made its way my side where I had just got my fish (ling) to the surface it came up to my fish which I had left in the water but didn't take it it turned then swam back down to the depths from where it came from ,

an experience I will never forget shame I didn't get any pics of the shark

Would have been good to see , we go out of whitby a bit and he does some shark trips during the summer and has had some good fish on the boat.

Yes mate its a sight i will never forget , i think a few boats out of Whitby are targeting them now the guy who runs the compound at brid said there had been a basking shark spotted a few times in filey bay i guess its all to do with global warming and that

We where fishing out of Plymouth in the early 80is when a dirty great basking shark came swimming by what a wonderful site it must of been 30 foot long about 8 foot wide some ****head said let's put some feathers on and try to foul hook is what we said to him can't repeat on here.what a magistcic creature still got all the memory's of that day.

Yes mate its a sight i will never forget , i think a few boats out of Whitby are targeting them now the guy who runs the compound at brid said there had been a basking shark spotted a few times in filey bay i guess its all to do with global warming and that

I have seen Basking sharks in Scotland before and that was 30 years ago, believe it or not they were being harponed for dog food! them and Porbeagles have been around for ever.