Oktober Fest Munich

markws80

This will rub your nose in it sorry sorry😃😃😃

It was all paid for I flew from Heathrow to Munich business class my boss and his wife pick me up from the airport on Friday afternoon the rest of the company was brought over we were all put up in a hotel which was four star taken out for dinner and beer on Friday night went into the Oktoberfest on Saturday and had 3 tables booked for 30 of us drank as much beer and get as much food as we liked then on to a restaurant for a meal and taxi back to the hotels Sunday we all done the fair which surrounds the tents we had another table booked and done the same again on sun then back to the hotel taxi is booked for Monday to take us back to the Airport one of the things that will stick in my mind is the ladies and the men carrying 12 to 15 Stines

This will rub your nose in it sorry sorry

It was all paid for I flew from Heathrow to Munich business class my boss and his wife pick me up from the airport on Friday afternoon the rest of the company was brought over we were all put up in a hotel which was four star taken out for dinner and beer on Friday night went into the Oktoberfest on Saturday and had 3 tables booked for 30 of us drank as much beer and get as much food as we liked then on to a restaurant for a meal and taxi back to the hotels Sunday we all done the fair which surrounds the tents we had another table booked and done the same again on sun then back to the hotel taxi is booked for Monday to take us back to the Airport one of the things that will stick in my mind is the ladies and the men carrying 12 to 15 Stines

Any jobs going at your place?

What do you do for a living?

I worked in Munich for 6 months - 100 yards from where the Oktober Fest is held - but unfortunately it was Jan-Jun so missed it - although I have been to numerous Stadt Fest's when stationed in North Germany in my youth which were excellent and again - no trouble (except for squaddies)

I will say that that ground it is on (Theresienwiese) is bloody miserable to traipse across when it is -20 degrees C dragging your suitcase

Munich: 1 - OJW: 0

I've just got back but my experience was much less luxury.

Went on a stag with 18 blokes, stayed on a campsite for 4 nights in freezing conditions, the camp only had communal toilet facilities and some people (not in our group) evidently didn't know the difference between a toilet and a shower (this may have been because the toilets didn't have seats), flew standard class and fully utilised public transport for the duration. I would liken it to SAS selection with loads and loads of beer.

Octoberfest was amazing and I agree it's amazingly well organised. The beer houses in Marrienplatz were also amazing, they are like stadiums for food and drink. I got back on Monday and am still in bed recovering from a virus and bad cold. Think I must have picked something up from the airport. I would go again but under different circumstances.

Over the 4 days in the beer houses and tents I ate the pork nuckle which was huge and amazing, half a chicken, Alpine Ox, goulash and more sausages than I can count. I kept wondering how many pigs got slaughtered for the festival because I've never seen so much pork.

I say I stayed on the campsite for 4 nights, technically I only did 3, I broke on the last night and checked into the Munich Marriot for about 6 hours sleep in a normal bed with access to a shower. Best extortionate hotel money ever spent.

Any idea how to wash a laderhousen?

OK

put me down for next year :lol: .....

I would normally be going to Veterama in Mannheim [europe's biggest autojumble] this weekend, but since my buddy died I haven't been for two years :unhappy:

Its very beer festival like, loads of car thingy ma-jigs, inc beer and pork and of course....... drum roll......... Jagermeister!!

I think a octoberfest would be a great replacement

Anybody know how to book?

Don't you just brush off the debris and carry on, a bit like a badge of honour?

Haha your probably right!

OK

put me down for next year :lol: .....

I would normally be going to Veterama in Mannheim [europe's biggest autojumble] this weekend, but since my buddy died I haven't been for two years :unhappy:

Its very beer festival like, loads of car thingy ma-jigs, inc beer and pork and of course....... drum roll......... Jagermeister!!

I think a octoberfest would be a great replacement

Anybody know how to book?

You only need to reserve a table in one of the beer tents at the festival if you want to be sure of a table. If your on your own you can probably just squeeze onto one if you get in early. You don't need tickets to get into Octoberest. You would be well advised to book hotels and reservations for tents asap because the price will sky rocket. Same with flights.

You can drink anywhere you can get a space before 5pm. After that, the good tents are all ticket only if you want a seat. One tip though - If retiring for a refreshment break, just wade nicely through the crowd and do not bother with the excuse me's - they don't and it makes the trip a lot quicker. You can also generally smoke in the khazi as well.

Oh and try a shwarma kebab on the way home - they're delicious.