webley raider 2 shot

PURDEY 01

if that is the same gun as the axsor gemini with a little brass sliding cylinder to load the pellets.i had one worst air rifle i ever owned.you would be better trying the rotary 8 shot mag or a different brand.to be fair the 2 shot loading mechanism was ok it was accuracy was the prob.it never hit the same spot twice.i tried every pellet i could still no accuracy so i traded it in.i now shoot a s400 thumb nail groups at 30 ms. hope this helps

Hi

I had one of these guns a few years ago and i can honestly say that it was a good general purpose gun. I used to own a tree nursery and i found this gun very good to shoot around the buildings and out of the Landrover window. The gun seemed to be full power and very accurate, i could take out rabbits out at 40 yards. I now use the shotgun more but miss the Webley sometimes. Id go for it!

I bought one of these when they first came out and got rid within 2 months....................the loading mechanisim was very cheaply made, and would drop to bits...........the the adapter started play up...was very powerfull and accurate..but an *** to pump with a styrup in the old fashion way before bottles were readily accesible....................all in all the build quality I though was poor for a £400+ combo :good:

I have had one for about 6 months. I love it. Good balence just about the right weight as its not to heavy to carry / hold on aim or to light that you wobble on aim. Its right on the money with the power. It acurate (not pro target acurate but as its only the first shot that counts) has a good low figure spread of FPS over a full load (I fill to 185 bar as any more than that cause the odd flyer). Good number of shots per load. I fill using a pump & it only takes about 1 to 2 mins max. You can if needed easily play with the power settings so that you keep under the legal limit but still on the money. As they seem for some reason not to be the "in" gun you can pick them up cheaply too.

Justme

hi

i have just been given a webly raider to play with

was gathering dust at a mates

its a single shot looks fairly old

charged it to 190 bar and put it through the chrony

its only pumping out 10.5 ft lb is this what they do?

sure my chrony is correct my crosman pistol is showing 5.1ft lb

i am using light pellets rws flat heads could this be the reason?

going to get my hw80 back from my mates and check that to take the chrony out of the equation

any advice would be great..

Should be able to do the full 12 ftlb & more. PCP,s do like heavier pellets. It is easily adjustable if you know what you are doing just remember that if tested they will possibly use heavy pellets so dont get it t close to the limit or it will be over with the heavier pellets. Have set mine so that its around the 11 ftlb mark so wont be over even with heavies. As part of that set up I found that the higest it would go with 16.9 grains was just over 14 ftlb. I would expect that acuracy & shots per fill would be pants at that setting.

Justme