Neo prodecoys versus FUD's

I have been using 6 neo ones on the stubble plus a flapper and they work just fine, on the drilling I use the Fud,s as I have 24 and again they work fine. I do not think that one is better than the other, the flapper seems to be the must have in the pattern.

Butch

Have you tried mixing them, and do you find the neos very bulky?

i started with 12 flocked shells did ok. changed to 12 fuds did ok went back to shells got some chris green full bodies did ok went back to shells got some neoprene you guessed it been playing around with socks on fuds,neoprene, and shells, decided this week to go back to flocked shells as i could see no real change. i put them on easy wobblers i think thats what they are called and they move about in the wind. useually good enough to bring a few close enough to shoot which i allways set up on cradles on the approach side so they see them first. i then start to bring a few shells in bu allways leave a few wobbler shells at the head

i started with 12 flocked shells did ok. changed to 12 fuds did ok went back to shells got some chris green full bodies did ok went back to shells got some neoprene you guessed it been playing around with socks on fuds,neoprene, and shells, decided this week to go back to flocked shells as i could see no real change. i put them on easy wobblers i think thats what they are called and they move about in the wind. useually good enough to bring a few close enough to shoot which i allways set up on cradles on the approach side so they see them first. i then start to bring a few shells in bu allways leave a few wobbler shells at the head

Flocked shells; FUD's; Chris Green's; Neoprene's!! Wow. I bet suppliers welcome you with open arms.

• 1 month later...

I think it's more about your pattern than the decoys in in, the birds will soon let you know if your pattern doesn't look right to them.

I just use standard shells and then build up the pattern with the shot birds and are averaging 70 birds a outing from my last 8 outings.

As the great Archie Coats said " think like a pigeon".

Regards

VV

• 1 year later...

I have got some FUDs which I am planning to use for the first time this weekend. The colour and the detail looks good but I don't think they look very realistic from above , but I guess they must work as plenty of people use them. Where do you put the flapper in the pattern ? I have put a floater and a flapper at the back of the pattern and the rotary at the front with good results.

If using a random pattern and leaving a small landing open section (kill zone) for in coming birds I usually put my flapper upwind of that open area and see how the pigeon react.

It is really down to how the birds react to any pattern or gizmo and up to the shooter to interpret it into any pattern adjustment's that maybe needed to suit if any.