WHAT AIR RIFLE AND WHY

evo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evo has that many Daystates one was bound to leak!

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol::good: I liked that,, on a serious note, does the fsb make the gun any quieter ??? also what is the better ,,the sporter or the standard or is that just the stock that's diff

also guys can anyone find what or where is the cheapest place to buy a NEW fsb carbine in .177 delivered, and or who is selling a mint one second hand, with no leaks

I understand that the FSB isn't as quiet as a conventional mod' but not enough to make a real difference. It isn't something that will stop me from buying one.

cheers scully,, I,m sorted now, going to buy a new one in the morning, at least then I,ll have the warrantee as a backup just incase anything does decide to go wrong, I,ve been waiting for the wolverine E to appear but that doesn't look like its happening so I,m going to give the hw 100KT a good testing,

certainly looking forward to playing with the side lever, not been too keen on them but here goes

I understand that the FSB isn't as quiet as a conventional mod' but not enough to make a real difference. It isn't something that will stop me from buying one.

That's correct, however , if you add the extra silencer made special for the FSB (£40 or so) it makes it much more quieter than a conventional one. The only downside is adding lenght to the rifle.

(K) Carbine better for Hunting they say.. lighter than Full Length.

I know a few guy's with both..they use the Full length at the range.

KT Ugly as sin :sad1:

Still enjoying your Airwolf MCT..L :yahoo: VE IT TO BIT'S.

Thanks mate !

still gutted I sold you it paul,

That's correct, however , if you add the extra silencer made special for the FSB (£40 or so) it makes it much more quieter than a conventional one. The only downside is adding lenght to the rifle.

Thanks, that's worth knowing. I'm not really bothered about the noise to be honest but it's nice to know there is a mod' designed for it.

Have used mates HW100 in .22 with mod', and rabbits are still alerted after shooting the first one anyhow, so like I say, not too fussed about the noise so long as it doesn't disturb the campers! :)

Thanks, that's worth knowing. I'm not really bothered about the noise to be honest but it's nice to know there is a mod' designed for it.

Have used mates HW100 in .22 with mod', and rabbits are still alerted after shooting the first one anyhow, so like I say, not too fussed about the noise so long as it doesn't disturb the campers! :)

If you ever fancy getting a mod and adding lenght is a concern for you, you can always can have the shroud shortened, the barrel inside is a good few inches shorter. You'll loose the baffles inside the shroud, but doesn't make any difference once the mod is on. All you need is to remove the shroud, cut to size (from the top) re-thread the cut end and job done. :)

If you ever fancy getting a mod and adding lenght is a concern for you, you can always can have the shroud shortened, the barrel inside is a good few inches shorter. You'll loose the baffles inside the shroud, but doesn't make any difference once the mod is on. All you need is to remove the shroud, cut to size (from the top) re-thread the cut end and job done. :)

Never heard a .22 but the .177 seems whisper quiet as standard on the HW100

well boys , I took the plunge today,just hope I have done the right thing,being a daystate fan,

I have been sick to death waiting for the Wolverine E ( electronic wolverine b ) so after reading reviews and asking the PW masses I decided to take the plunge and buy something totally out of character,

firstly I,ve not been a fan of the side lever on an air rifle or any rifle for that matter, secondly, although I like German engineering (cars) I have only ever owned one german rifle, yes a HW80 springer and what a rifle that was,

so finished nights last night rang my shooting buddy and off we went to Manchester, 45 mins later we are in a cracking little gunshop ( A.Branthwaite,s in Cheadle Hulme,,

what should I buy ??? well I had a choice between 4 an Air Arms ultimate sporter, a BSA r10 mk2 , a Daystate Regal, or last but not least an Air Arms s500 sporter,

well after getting every New >177 hw100kt out I decided to buy one new, it had a stunning walnut stock,its .177 and I was very surprised how light the thing was unscoped,,

well all I have to do now is decide which scope to mount on it , I bought a new Hawke panorama Ev AO IR 3 x 9 x 50 new and also ended up buying a leapers accushot 6 x 24 x 56 second hand but totally mint,

well I,ll get the pictures up later and I,ll put the leapers accushot scope on first and see how we get on, I,ll give it a week to put it through its paces and will give ya all a full review

cheers Evo

Edited by evo

well boys , I took the plunge today,just hope I have done the right thing,being a daystate fan,

I have been sick to death waiting for the Wolverine E ( electronic wolverine b ) so after reading reviews and asking the PW masses I decided to take the plunge and buy something totally out of character,

firstly I,ve not been a fan of the side lever on an air rifle or any rifle for that matter, secondly, although I like German engineering (cars) I have only ever owned one german rifle, yes a HW80 springer and what a rifle that was,

so finished nights last night rang my shooting buddy and off we went to Manchester, 45 mins later we are in a cracking little gunshop ( A.Branthwaite,s in Cheadle Hulme,,

what should I buy ??? well I had a choice between 4 an Air Arms ultimate sporter, a BSA r10 mk2 , a Daystate Regal, or last but not least an Air Arms s500 sporter,

well after getting every New >177 hw100kt out I decided to buy one new, it had a stunning walnut stock,its .177 and I was very surprised how light the thing was unscoped,,

well all I have to do now is decide which scope to mount on it , I bought a new Hawke panorama Ev AO IR 3 x 9 x 50 new and also ended up buying a leapers accushot 6 x 24 x 56 second hand but totally mint,

well I,ll get the pictures up later and I,ll put the leapers accushot scope on first and see how we get on, I,ll give it a week to put it through its paces and will give ya all a full review

cheers Evo

Bob,

We are in the exact same position! The HW100 being an itch that needs to be scratched. I went for the same (KT) but have put a fairly heavy Hawke Sidewinder scope on, so for Christmas I will treat it to an A&M cylinder to restor the balence as they say.

I pulled the barrel threw as it was full of ming, so all ready for testing on Friday when I take it for a trip to Atherton indoor range for some testing. Hopefully I have something it will like and I can get a perfect zero sorted. Am hoping JSB Exact heavy or AA field 4.52 will be the wining ticket.

As you say, am dubious too about the side leaver but as a German efficiency lover am willing to try it! I am also a VW fan (on my fourth VW now).

I do like the 14 shot mag as in the dark less reloading must be a good thing. Am also impressed with the HW silencer being included aswell as a second magazine, very well thought threw. Also I like the filling method as the magnetic Daystate caps I found a pain as I twice knower them off and had to go. In search of them.

I just hope the dam thing shoots well. I also think I will be sticking with the HW silencer as its so good.

I will report back on my findings post pellet testing!

ATB

Matt

Bob,

We are in the exact same position! The HW100 being an itch that needs to be scratched. I went for the same (KT) but have put a fairly heavy Hawke Sidewinder scope on, so for Christmas I will treat it to an A&M cylinder to restor the balence as they say.

I pulled the barrel threw as it was full of ming, so all ready for testing on Friday when I take it for a trip to Atherton indoor range for some testing. Hopefully I have something it will like and I can get a perfect zero sorted. Am hoping JSB Exact heavy or AA field 4.52 will be the wining ticket.

As you say, am dubious too about the side leaver but as a German efficiency lover am willing to try it! I am also a VW fan (on my fourth VW now).

I do like the 14 shot mag as in the dark less reloading must be a good thing. Am also impressed with the HW silencer being included aswell as a second magazine, very well thought threw. Also I like the filling method as the magnetic Daystate caps I found a pain as I twice knower them off and had to go. In search of them.

I just hope the dam thing shoots well. I also think I will be sticking with the HW silencer as its so good.

I will report back on my findings post pellet testing!

ATB

Matt

yes matt I,m curious to see just what its made of, I think the side lever will take some getting used to, have to say I have always been impressed by the 14 shot mag and also the build quality of it, but time will tell just how good it is, what makes matters worse is I cant get out with it till the weekend lol

atb Evo