WHAT AIR RIFLE AND WHY

evo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVO, how the hell has your misses not killed you yet? :lol: :lol: Id hate to think how much you've spent recently... On the plus side, you have a very nice collection going... Good luck for Sunday

cheers mate

Love it Evo I had a go with one at an open day and it felt sublime to shoot.

not had a chance to try it yet as I,ve got a trapped nerve in my back,,,agony springs to mind,

I,ve got a huntsman to build before I do anything but Saturday will be practice day in pain or not hopefully,

I wont be using it until its had a john ostler reg fitted and one of his air strippers so will be a couple of weeks

Love it Evo I had a go with one at an open day and it felt sublime to shoot.

feels superb to shoulder but will be even better once I,ve added a few bits, my ev2 mk4 feels superb now, well since I fitted the following, its steady on the standers so looking forward to sunday as long as the back holds up,

been bed ridden for last two days but feels a bit better today so fingers crossed,,certainly hope it shoots as well as it looks

Either his Mrs spends a lot on shoes and handbags or he tells her there only cheap and cost very little.

always buys for the bloody house lol,,too many shoes already

Feel for you with the back pain had a trapped nerve for two years now nips up and cramps the muscles then eases off to keep repeating the cycle.. You must be having a bad night posting into the small hours. Hope your back feels better for the weekend.

Feel for you with the back pain had a trapped nerve for two years now nips up and cramps the muscles then eases off to keep repeating the cycle.. You must be having a bad night posting into the small hours. Hope your back feels better for the weekend.

cheers fig,,yes mate I,ve been in bulk with it, I,ve got a problem huntsman that just wont seal ant its got me totally baffled, but I wont give up that's for sure, I need to get it finished asap and once its done then I can have a go at the ftp900,

sleeping is the nightmare cos just when you get comfy the nerve makes ya jump out of your skin with pain, its been a nightmare mate, but its easing thankfully

• 1 month later...

howdy all,,

not been on for a while due to being up the bloody wall with work commitments and shooting the NWFTA series, doing ok but had a nightmare on sunday, only two to go and I,m lying second at the mo so need to shoot well in the last two comps,,

anyway good to be back if only for a short while,,just thought I would show you my new addition to my collection,

I bought a s510 ultimate sporter and then bought a Ginb stock for it and to say I was impressed with its accuracy straight out the box is an understatement,, it truelly WAS awesome to 45yrds so I thought it was a keeper well until I had the offer of a straight swap for a 3 month old FTP900,, I could not resist it so yes I now have two FTP900,s to add to my EV2 mk4 and all I can say is I,m still in shock, the guy just thought it was too heavy for HFT and wanted something lighter but just as accurate, so we ended up going to pick it up last night and I,m over the moon with it, tried it out to 40 yrds and it grouped 8mm 10 shot groups and that was with the first pellet I tried, jsb 8.4g batch 5.

here is my collection of my competition rifles but just got to swap the hawke sidewinder 6x24x56 scope for a big nikko, anyway that's it (for now) with regards target rifles , heres a couple of pics of my new additions

001_zpsunkxgptc.jpg

003_zpsru6av7fb.jpg

and here is the group I shot tonight at a measured 40yrds,,, the coin is a 5p piece so very happy,,should be able to get the group tighter once I find the right pellet and prepare them

005_zpswvcmkl7p.jpg

catch ya all soon

EVO

You really do have a nice collection!! Wow! Your Mrs not shout at you? :lol: Good luck in the next round

whats mine is mine and whats hers is mine lol,,,,I bloody wish,,got to be honest , she doesn,t mind at all, only problem now is I,ll have to buy another ultimate sporter :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

I was only wondering today what had happened to you.

Sounds like you are getting on well with the FT evo , well done mate.

I am sure they are nice guns but not to my taste , though I can appreciate they are a great tool for the intended job.

I still don't have the urge to get a PCP :lol:

Good luck with your final two shoots.

cheers Fen,, good to hear from you bud, I,ve missed the banter mate, hopefully will be back on a bit more once work quietens ,,,, hopefully,, not been out at all, feel like I,ve lost my hands lol,,

catch you soon

Bob