Laser Clays

chasechicken

...no idea where to post this. I've been invited to a corporate day which, amongst other things, has a 'laser clays' competition.

Anyone had a go at this? Is it easier / harder / much the same as real (i.e. with shot) clays?

Just curious... I can imagine it odd without recoil - just hope I don't lose to a bunch of people who haven't picked up a shotgun before!!!

I've done it, there's no recoil and I couldn't get out of leading the clay so I kept missing as you just aim straight at it. But it was good fun and I did lose by a couple of clays to my brother in law who had done it before and found it easy to aim straight at them.

I`ve had a few goes at it. I guess it depends which system it`s being run on but the one I was on was pretty realistic and you needed lead on targets just as you would on normal clays. It also showed where your shots were hitting so you could tell if you were behind or in front etc. The one I used was called Dry Fire.

Dont do it!

i was doing ok on the clays, until i had a go on the laser. Since then my average has been a lot lower and still is!! And the laser was over a year ago!!

(the one i had a go on, needed NO lead at all and you had to point straight at the clay)

Edited by silver pigeon69

had a go on one in the midland game fair last year which was really good, you could have clay,.driven phesant,duck etc

needed lead on em all and if you missed it showed you were you had shot.

bonus the woman doin it was bit of a darling so went back for another go the following day :yahoo: