Pigs in The Maize

Rim Fire

Had a call from a farmer who was having trouble with boar flattening his maize so we had a look and the trouble they was causing was to far into the crop got that sorted he said I am cutting on Tuesday so we went up Tuesday afternoon after he had cut and put 4 high seats that's how long this field was it 35 acres in total first to show was a muntjack then we had to wait until dark before the Boar put in an appearance I had the first with my new 308 and my other mate had the second total account to date is 10 pigs had a few Fallow bucks as well

IMG_20151014_165401_zpsp5e36y8z.jpg

IMG_20151014_165512_zpsyn9crnex.jpg

sorry for poor quality on pictures off phone

Do you measure their length , or weight them ?

I would be interested in what size they were.

We never have but one we shot last Friday night after being gutted and head removed it took 3 of us to lift into the back of the truck it was well over 200lb it was a big Boar

Spot on, cracking result. Out of interest what .308 rifle did you end up getting buddy? (Apologies if you have posted this somewhere else I was on holiday last week so not up to date)

Hi Mike havent posted a thread on it i done a deal on a Howa 1500 with the hogue stock with Federal 150 grn i am getting a 1/2 inch group at 100 mtrs so i am happy with the results after running in the barrel as recomended by Howa which it says shoot 1 clean for 10 shots then shoot 2 and clean for 5 shots which i done i have had 2 Fallow bucks and my first Boar last Tuesday

Hi Mike havent posted a thread on it i done a deal on a Howa 1500 with the hogue stock with Federal 150 grn i am getting a 1/2 inch group at 100 mtrs so i am happy with the results after running in the barrel as recomended by Howa which it says shoot 1 clean for 10 shots then shoot 2 and clean for 5 shots which i done i have had 2 Fallow bucks and my first Boar last Tuesday

Tidy job mate and some good "christening" of the new rifle. I have a 1500 and cant fault them.

Keep up the good work.