When to return?

skye

I shoot between a couple of farms, trying to visit as often as work (and the wife) will allow. Sunday I shot 28 pigeons in a little over 2 hours,on fresh drilling, great conditions for decoying.Tuesday I thought I'll have another go, similar sort of day maybe a stronger breeze and a little more over cast....but the pigeons wouldn't come into the pattern, they were about in numbers, but flaring off before they were in range.Was it too soon to return to the same spot? If so how long would you leave it before returning ? Skye.

Hi mate i have shot the same field 4 days in a row if they are hungry they will come in .one of my rape fields last year i shot sat,sunday,tues,thurs,sat,sun and inbetween those days i walked my dog and the birds where still landing in the same patch so it doesnt realy matter.i just change my patterns around flappers .etc did you use a rotary machine if so they can spook the birds i got rid of mine due to them veering away alot then chose to stick with my turbo flapper which works perfect

Hi Mate

I don't get out much with work and all that, but when I can and if the birds are there I will shoot it on consecutive days. Last year I shot a field 4 days in a row for 56, 58 ,66 and 69. Last week I shot the same field within 5 days for 29 and 40. It doesn't always work work it's worth a try.