Your opinions please

ollie

Would like some of you fellas to help me with a debate. There is a fella who has commented on one of my YouTube videos criticising me for shooting racers. I have never shot a pigeon with a ring on it in my life & it is all ferals on the video. Here is the video, you can look at the comments to see the fella. Please let me know if you agree with him or not:

Edited by ollie

• 3 weeks later...

If they didnt have rings on they werent racers but ..and this is the problem with public display of videos any evidence can be seen straight away by the authorities and prosecution have been made using them.You are sure you didnt shoot racers so i would ignore it ,but an RSPCA inspecter without your experience may choose to give you hassle. I have seen several morons posting pictures and vids boldly asking someone to identify a bird they have just admitted to shooting 2 if i remember rightly were on the protected list !!

Hi mate,

I could not see his comments, maby he removed them?

Sorry this was from a while ago. Shortly after I posted this (12 hours or so) he removed the comments.

I think he was an anti or keyboard warrior.

Cheers for the positive comments.

Don't get into a debate with him. Just ignore his comments.

Cheers fella, I couldn't really ignore him as the points he was making were so wrong. It annoyed me a little!!!

If they didnt have rings on they werent racers but ..and this is the problem with public display of videos any evidence can be seen straight away by the authorities and prosecution have been made using them.You are sure you didnt shoot racers so i would ignore it ,but an RSPCA inspecter without your experience may choose to give you hassle. I have seen several morons posting pictures and vids boldly asking someone to identify a bird they have just admitted to shooting 2 if i remember rightly were on the protected list !!

Thanks for the comment.

I have never shot a racer & I was sure these were ferals. Reason being, there are 2 large grain farms close by (within half a mile) that I have permission to shoot ferals on. They are a complete plague to the grain stores & cause a right mess.

Was a great day we had, so was a bit annoyed when these comments came through. I suppose if I post videos for public display then I can expect some negative comments.

Ollie, if you didn't shoot a racer you didn't shoot a racer. Only you and not someone watching your video will know that.

By their very nature forums like this attract a wide cross section of society who are able to make comments without being identified and there are idiots on this forum as there are on others. Carry on posting. Your videos are enjoyable to watch.

Thanks for the comment.

I have never shot a racer & I was sure these were ferals. Reason being, there are 2 large grain farms close by (within half a mile) that I have permission to shoot ferals on. They are a complete plague to the grain stores & cause a right mess.

Was a great day we had, so was a bit annoyed when these comments came through. I suppose if I post videos for public display then I can expect some negative comments.

I have no doubt you did nothing wrong ,shooting the ferals can only be seen as a good service to the farmer,sadly theres always a self proclaimed expert who knows better ! Keep up the good work.

Ollie, if you didn't shoot a racer you didn't shoot a racer. Only you and not someone watching your video will know that.

By their very nature forums like this attract a wide cross section of society who are able to make comments without being identified and there are idiots on this forum as there are on others. Carry on posting. Your videos are enjoyable to watch.

Cheers for the feedback. You are very correct about there being idiots on every forums.

Enjoyable vids some nice long shots and a nice left and right by your pal early in the vid :good:

Cheers fella. Yeah he shot well that day, but don't want to tell him that or he'll get a big head :rolleyes:

Iv shot a few racers with rings on, if they drop in the pattern they are getting shot.

They are doing damage and you are asked to protect his crop simple.

Any you have shot with rings are probably stray racers that have gone feral. Loads of people who replied to this post on facebook told me that racers are no good if they are landing in fields.