Toffee in vodka

southman1

Werthers originals does work, as do most soft boiled sweets. Missus tried it with skittles once for a party, went down a storm but I refuse to sit there and help separate the colours of 10 massive bags of skittles again lol.

There is a new company called old vodka based a few miles up the road from me, they sell a caramel vodka which I've heard lots of good things about, bakerboy on here went to a tasting and said that the caramel one did stand out. Not tried it personally as they only used to sell trade, but I think they have just started selling it on Amazon of all places

Worked in a nightclub for years. We made all sorts of flavours.

Toffee

mint

Milky bar

Cherry drops

To name just a few. Our rules.... If it crushed up and fitted in a bottle we tried it. Just let them sit in store for few weeks shaking every now and then. Soon had some amazing stuff.

Werthers originals does work, as do most soft boiled sweets. Missus tried it with skittles once for a party, went down a storm but I refuse to sit there and help separate the colours of 10 massive bags of skittles again lol.

There is a new company called old vodka based a few miles up the road from me, they sell a caramel vodka which I've heard lots of good things about, bakerboy on here went to a tasting and said that the caramel one did stand out. Not tried it personally as they only used to sell trade, but I think they have just started selling it on Amazon of all places

The caramel Vodka was out of this world.

We had a tasting (26 of us) 6 different Vodkas, at £7.50 per head.

I have never seen so many people drunk on such a small expenditure.

I recently paid £70.00 for 4 drinks at the Shard and they had no effect at all.

Edited by bakerboy

• 5 years later...
On 18/10/2015 at 22:46, southman1 said:

Just a thought has anybody put toffe in vodka and let it do its own thing thanks

I know this thread is over 6 years old but did you know that in home bargins

you can buy 250 ml bottles of toffee carmel syrup by a firm called splendid syrups there are other flavours available as well 

125 ml in 500 ml of vodka or a neutral produces someting akin to the nectar of the gods bloody lovely and very very drinkable 

I found with a bit of trial and error that 125 ml in 500 ml of vodka was perfect for my taste buds but be careful it can be cloyingly over sweet if you go overboard with the syrup 

actually sounds quite nice     i would like it just so you can taste it.........as you say ...think you can over do it...:good:

got me thinking now....what about bung a vanilla pod in a bottle for a couple of weeks ?????

Edited by ditchman

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

actually sounds quite nice     i would like it just so you can taste it.........as you say ...think you can over do it...:good:

got me thinking now....what about bung a vanilla pod in a bottle for a couple of weeks ?????

Ive put vanilla pods in bottles before and did a vanilla and coconut vodka.

It works well, the coconut and vanilla was like an unsweetened Malibu.

13 hours ago, Diver One said:

That's Home Bargains first stop in the morning then, thank you

Yeah have a butcher's

I think they stock 5 or 6 different syrups off the top of my head but not all of them are in stock all at once I think it's a £ 1.00 a bottle 

theres toffee caramel , hazel nut , bubblegum , candy floss , parma violets ( the toffee caramel and the hazelnut are my personal favourites )

But i cant remember the other flavour but be careful you can over do it you can make it sickly sweet

but when you get it right its very good well put it this way its been a big hit with everyone who has tried it so far turns a run of the mill vodka or neutral into something special 

Edited by hafod

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

Personally I'd try it first without adding the vanilla pod because it's very tasty as it is I find

shake the bottle or jar up once you have made it and let it stand for 24 hours to let the flavours mingle trust me you,'ll enjoy it 

1 hour ago, hafod said:

Personally I'd try it first without adding the vanilla pod because it's very tasty as it is I find

shake the bottle or jar up once you have made it and let it stand for 24 hours to let the flavours mingle trust me you,'ll enjoy it 

i would try the vanilla pod seperatly........

i first met my good lady , when i was working as a doorman at a nightclub and vodka bar , she was the manager , and was in charge of mixing the speciality vodkas . they were made by mixing industrial strength (cheap and nasty) vodka , with flavoured syrups , and food colourings . they were mixed in old plastic coke bottles , then decanted into fancy glass bottles , and given a posh name , they were then sold to drunk people , at massively over inflated prices.   knowing the reality , sort of took the shine off it for me.

11 hours ago, mel b3 said:

i first met my good lady , when i was working as a doorman at a nightclub and vodka bar , she was the manager , and was in charge of mixing the speciality vodkas . they were made by mixing industrial strength (cheap and nasty) vodka , with flavoured syrups , and food colourings . they were mixed in old plastic coke bottles , then decanted into fancy glass bottles , and given a posh name , they were then sold to drunk people , at massively over inflated prices.   knowing the reality , sort of took the shine off it for me.

Lol theres a surprise like watering down the beer years ago like some used to do 

But seriously folks Just a word of warning to everyone though 

high proof alcholol in plastic bottles is not recommend and there's a reason why glass bottles are used

high proof alcohlol can leach out and disolve the nasties in plastic and hold it in suspension so be careful 

Edited by hafod