Refusal

I doubt they have gone on that one conviction.

Since the conviction, they would also look at cases/incidents, where the OP has been present at, or been involved in, but not arrested.

They would also look at offences where the OP may have been arrested, but not charged.

Also, offences where the OP was arrested, charged, and bailed to court. But the case then being discontinued by CPS.

Any "domestic incidents" at the OP's address.

The Police look at a lot more than just previous convictions. They would also look at "local Systems" for more recent information/intelligence to see if he really has been "keeping his nose clean".

I dealt with a huge amount of assaults at all levels. I can only think of a few ABH's where the offender served any time at all, let alone being sentenced to 18 months.

It must have been a serious assault.

Just another opinion.......

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look up section 18 and section 20 gbh. One is with intent (18) and carrries a maximum life sentence. Section 20 covers the gbh level injury but without the intent to have caused it, example pushing someone and they fall and break a bone, the intent wasn't to cause an injury that severe. Maximum sentence for section 20 is 5 years from memory.

Look up section 18 and section 20 gbh. One is with intent (18) and carrries a maximum life sentence. Section 20 covers the gbh level injury but without the intent to have caused it, example pushing someone and they fall and break a bone, the intent wasn't to cause an injury that severe. Maximum sentence for section 20 is 5 years from memory.

Going on the OP's post he stated it was ABH, which is Actual Bodily Harm. My memory fails me with the Maximum term for ABH, and I can't be ***** to look it up at the moment. And the sentences handed down to "scrotes" for most offences were almost always so far away from the maximum sentence it just wasn't worth thinking about....But the action to carry out the offence can either be deliberate, or deemed to be serious enough that the behaviour can be considered reckless to the point that it was likely to cause the injuries for an ABH.

Edited by jam1e